2004 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
One of the best in the luxury SUV market
By GLXwagon4mo on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The luxury SUV market is getting crowded, but this one is definitely worth considering! This SUV has the typical European feel when driving - It has gives enough road feedback and feels firmly planted. It has some body roll around corners, but much less compared to other competitors (except the BMW and Infiniti). It also has the utility that many other midsize luxo SUVs lack. The safety features set the std for this market - Boron roof, Roll Stability control, pretensioners for all seven seats, list goes on.

What are you waiting for
By Natsdad on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The 2004 Volvo XC90 hits a home run in my book. The car has everything you could want in ANY vehicle, it just so happens to be a SUV. First rate styling inside and out , fantastic fuel economy 18/24,all the safety features you could ask for at a price,that while not the cheapest on the lot, puts most of the other so called Luxury vehicles to shame.The best Navigation system out there.I've had 3 others before and not one can match it for ease of use and accuracy.

XC 90
By max69 on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T Fwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Great solid car. The XC has great rear space, sound system, and comfort. I love the exterior design and the ride hight. Not cheap, but if you want something a little differnt from the norm, this car is a great call. Much more space than the X5, ML or VW-T.

My Wife's Car
By gru on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

We ordered our 2004 in March and waited. Picked it up July 3rd - after waiting 4 hours at the dealership due to a screwup with the off-site DVD Installer. Strike 1. Two trips to the dealer later - they finally got the DVD installed correctly. Strike 2 & 3 for the Dealer. Center console looks real cheap they are probably making $6000- 8000 per vehicle - you think they could put something half-way decent as the center console. And what is with the Austin Power's symbol on the steering wheel - I chuckle everytime I look at it!

Lemon in KC
By lemon in KC on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

My wife was the second owner of the new XC90 in Kansas City and that may be the problem. This car has been in the shop more than our garage. You name it and it has gome wrong. The power seat/mirror loses memory every time you start the car. The fuel door snapped off when my 10-year old bumped it, ($223 - not under warranty) rear windshield wiper snapped off while trying to clean the window, radiator overheats and had to be replaced, PVC valve rattles and had to be replaced only to name a few. Hopefully these are problems with the first production run or these guys are in for some major lawsuits and lemon law issues.

The Perfect SUV
By Upton185 on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

After researching all the competetive SUV's in the luxury segment, I decided to lease the new Volvo XC90T6. Although the great demand limited some of my option choices, I can state without equivication that this is the finest atomobile I've ever owned. The well thought out cabin, the versatility of the 3rdseat and the safety of the gyroscopic anti-roll technology is unbeatable, not to metion the finest car like ride that any SUV could offer.

2004 XC90
By firtft on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Very few miles yet, but very happy so far!

XC 90-I Love It!
By Secret Sound on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

We drove everything. Coming out of a 1998 Lexus LX 470, which is a pretty tough act to follow. Every car we drove we would come back to the XC 90. A blast to drive. Extremely good balance of appointments, fun factor, safety, good looks, fuel economy (compared to the LX 470). Hard to get a hold of a loaded T6, so count on paying sticker and probably waiting up to 3 months, but worth the wait. Did I say a blast to drive!!!

Couldn't be happier.
By Washout on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Build quality: excellent. 0 defects. Steering: tight and assured. Fine acceleration. Cargo capacity: plenty yet easy access to extra seats. My mileage: 22 Highway 15 City. Interior materials feel solid, even the fake wood feels good. Control layout: intuitive and clear. Turning circle is too large. Smooth transmission, way better than T6. Considered the X5, but I couldn't be happier. Oddly crappy radio reception.

Discomfort
By Curlenjik on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The suspension on my XC90 is amateurish at best. I feel every bump in the road, every space between concrete slabs that the tires pass over. The sightlines make driving with side mirrors a must; I cannot see to the left and right of the car by turning around in the driver's seat and trying to see objects beyond the second row. The fuel consumption is ridiculous and the engineers have some nerve requiring high test gas.