2003 Volvo XC90 Consumer Review: What Volvo is not telling you

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Review

What Volvo is not telling you about this car.
By marigold1 on

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I would stay far away from buying another Volvo after everything my family has been through with our 2003 XC90. The engines are not built to work with the transmissions. We have replaced the transmission every 30,000 miles. It has now become a safety issue. It has broken down on me too many times to count. I have dumped almost $12,000 into it. Go look at the service center at your local Volvo dealership. The lot is full of cars needing repairs. We have replaced the transmission 3 times, radiator, shocks, struts, axles, arm bushings...even down to the door handles. Do not make the same mistake we did. It is not a reliable car and I consider it a safety risk to drive.

It's deceiving because the design of the car is beautiful. It drives quiet when things are working. Problem is....it's usually not working.

Stop selling these cars. Stop replacing the transmissions and sending people back out on the road. Fix the root of the problem.