2003 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
I traded in my year 2000 Mercedes S500
By sam hobbs on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I loved my S500 because I could drive 800 miles without stopping and never feel it. The S500 had too many electrical glitches, so I traded before the 4yr warranty expired. The XC90 has the same ride, handling, driveability and comfort as my S500, plus holds 7 people and has all-wheel drive. The 6 cyl engine is not as powerful as my 8 cyl. mercedes, but is nevertheless plenty peppy.

Just excellent.
By odb on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Simply fantastic.had driven it for six months now, got nothing to complain about.hope to keep it for a long , long time.

Love my Volvo
By viking551 on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Best auto I have every had....all the space I'll ever need, third row seats, plush luxury. All this with 18/24 mpg on REGULAR GAS. Everything I wanted!

My first SUV
By kentmilani on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We were looking for a safe 7 seat vehicle, comfortable seats, reliable and economical to run. The MDX is only the only other SUV to come close to this descripition. The fuel economy (or lack thereof) has surprised me in the first 800 miles. My Toyota Tundra V8 does better in city and on highway. I have BABIED the XC90's throttle and I get 14 mpg (US gallons)in the city and 20 mpg on highway. Tell me it's just during the break-in period?! Dealer tried a few "tricks" when I went to pick it up, but they backed down when I objected. Otherwise, our whole family is very happy, comfortable and safe.

Urgent Transmission Service Required
By viking on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

We waited six months for it. With 200 miles on the odometer, taking daughter to school, my wife had to call Volvo roadside assistance due to sudden sluggishness follwed by a dashboard message "Urgent Transmission Service Required." The dealer had the car for 4 days, and flew in a Volvo master tech to fix the problem - bad solenoid that locks in gears. Dealership never heard of problem, but one of the salesman heard that it had happened in a handful of other XC90's with low mileage. Aside from this early problem, we love the stylish exterior, the comfy interior, the practical seating, the decent soundsystem.

BEATS THE X5
By ericave on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

If you want a car the thinks its an SUV, then the XC90 is for you. There's no other explanation for it, its the first SUV that's more car than most cars. About 99.9% of SUV owners are never going to take their SUV's off- road, so why pay for all those extras you don't need. For the urban jungle the XC90 is perfect, with the X5 coming in at second, look at all the reviews.

All You'll Ever Need ...
By buddy c on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

We took delivery on a metallic green 2003 XC90 T-6 about a month ago, and have found it to be everything as advertised -- and more. Volvo managed to maintain the unmistakable look and quality "feel" of a Volvo, with room GALORE in the vehicle and -- not incidentally -- a magnificent sound system, kid-friendly features, and in my opinion, sure (if unspectacular) performance. A big-time winner in my book!

trip comfort
By r.ketzel on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I have made two recent road trips in the past 2 months,2ooo mile round trip (20hrs each way, 2days ew.) and 1000 mile round trip (7hrs each way,1 day ew.) and had extreem weather conditions. My xc90 was a pleasure to drive and preformed exceptionaly well. My mpg was probably around 18.5.The drive was very comfortable.

Built like a TANK
By red1958 on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Anyone that doubts the safety of this vehicle, read on. Within 3 days my wife and I have been rear-ended. The first one was my wife, she was hit in the back by a Camry at about 15-20 MPH. Last night I was hit in the rear by a Mustang on the freeway, it must have been going about 45-50 MPH. The damage to the XC90 in both accidents was minimal, marks on the bumper, while both of the other cars had major hood and fender damage. If anyone has any thoughts about their kids being safe in the 3 row of this vehicle, I'm here to tell you DON"T because the hype about the safety of the XC90 is true and I'm living proof.

VOLVO XC90 -- SUPERB DRIVING EXPERIENCE!
By DMT on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This SUV drives like a sedan. Its design, both inside and out, was well- thought out and both utilitarian and stylish. The safety features cannot be matched -- full side airbag curtains for all passengers, dual front and side airbags, ABS, the list goes on. Highly recommend this vehicle for anyone wanting an SUV, but also wanting a trustworthy name in safety.