2003 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
Great SUV
By curtr on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T Fwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The safetst SUV out there. Exudes confidence in all types of driving from local city city to extreme mountain terrain. Gas mileage for this size vehicle is above average. Currently at 19.2 city and 24.6 highway on premium fuel. Interior comfort is best in its class. Total experience is above average.

Average XC90 (V70XC was better!)
By Bushepy on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The XC90 has been a disappointment with the following: overall build quality, fit and finish (both interior and exterior, noisy electroic climate control, poor audio system (the premium Dolby Pro-logic II surround sound is very disappointing), and, most disappointing, the lack of adequate engine power while accelerating onto highways or while climbing mountains. I also have had major problems with my Volvo retailer on warranty work (they damged the car. This could be my very last Volvo.

Great car, performance could be better
By Doug Reynolds on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

The Volvo XC90 is an excellent package for a person who wants the performance and feel of a European sport sedan, but the versatility of a large SUV. This car feels light and nimble, but has variable performance. Sometimes there is a lag between 1st and 2nd gears. Braking is excellent. Ride and handling are very good. Engine is quiet. Gas mileage and range is poor. The car is well-engineered for versatility. Second row seating adjusts individually for all 3 seats. Center seat slides all the way forward. Third row is two independent seats which fold into the third row. Comfort and quality of materials is excellent. Dash layout is great.

Get it!
By bcrafto on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this for my wife. She absolutely loves it! I have a '98 Mercedes Benz ML320, and in a lot of ways, the Volvo is much nicer. Now I understand that I am comparing a '04 to a '98. We have only had the vehicle for 3 weeks, but I don't have anything to complain about except for the price. I did manage did get $1,200 off of sticker though. That is much better than what I have heard most are paying.

not sure
By jo-lin on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Had the vehicle a month and a few things puzzle me. With three rows of seating, my family is cramped. Also, the automatic transmission fells sloppy. Aside from these, has a nice car-like feel.

xc-90
By Keller on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Great vehicle! Drives like my old s- 80. The optional back row of seats comes in handy- a great alternative to a minivan.

Best SUV
By ciagins on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I've had it for almost 4 months and it's great. Love the way it handles - it's zippy! Had a Jeep Grand Cherokee before and it was a chore to drive. The XC90 is fun. Lots of room, seats are comfortable - I feel safe in Seattle traffic. Gas mileage is only 15 mpg and the hesitation when you accelorate at low speeds are negatives.

Volvo XC90
By Perfect_Aim on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

The Volvo XC90 is probably the best SUV out there. It's comfort level is very high, and it's gas milage is okay (if you want better mileage, go with the five seater). The Volvo XC90 will turn heads on the freeway, and give you comments where you go.

volvo
By jamaras on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

The volvo has it's unique way of style. The comfort and fun to drive stability is great. For winter--an every day driveable vehicle. I't's tough, has enough horsepower to push it's way out of traffic, although it still seems to make fun of driving know matter what condition.

rear ended
By jjok on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I was waiting at a stop light last Mon when I was suddenly jerked back in my seat. I was rear ended by a full sized chevy pick-up that had been stopped behind me. That truck was rear ended by a dodge daytona that was going 35- 40 mph without braking. The daytona was scrunched up like an accordian, the chevy was damaged enough to be totalled, my xc-90 did what it was supposed to do, it took the impact and deflected the force downward. The whiplash system helped me a ton. My damage was bacically to the lower area and lower liftgate. $2000 damage and being put out, but I cannot overemphasize my impressment of the safety of this unit!!