Used 2003 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Volvo Xc90 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

Great car at great expense
By buzz127

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I have had my XC90 for 39 months now. It has been a pleasure to drive, but very expensive to run and maintain. Using high test gas today makes it even more expensive. The car eats tires--OEM got 14,000. 2nd pair of Michelins got 20,000. But it is secure, safe and comfortable. You have to decide if the $$'s are worth the tradeoff.

Favorite Features

The quickest car I have ever owned to give heat in the winter. Rain sensor wipers. Seats are the most comfortable-ever.

Suggested Improvements

Use regular gas and get better gas mileage and develope a tire that doesn't wear out in 14,000 miles.

My Favorite Car
By Vicki

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Almost the perfect vehicle! I'm in sales so I live in my car...consequently the interior is very important. I would love to have an electronic lumbar support adjustment. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this vehicle. Drives and performs like a dream! I will definitely buy another one when the time comes! I did not like the factory tires however and replaced those with ones that give better ride, handle and wear!

Favorite Features

Interior, handling, fast pick up (no lag when I need to move in traffic) and the fact I feel really safe.

Suggested Improvements

Volvo needs to research the tires they send out from the factory. There are far better ones out there!!! Do a bit of searching. I'm pleased with the ones I found.

My Favorite Car
By Vicki

excellent all round performance
By pete

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I have used this vehicle on the school run as well as on long distance trips overseas in Europe. The comfort reliability and ability on and offroad is exceptional. A recent trip to france with 6 people luggage and 12 cases of champagne proves that this is really in a class of its own. Our Mercedes SUV and X5 dont come near in comfort and drive quality. Lastly, the interior space is unbelievable in the XC90.

Favorite Features

On steering controls for phones and stereo. Versatility in seating and storage.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage

Volvo for life!
By Barbra Ann

2003 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I love my Volvo SUV because I feel safe and I know my passengers will be protected in the event of an accident. All the safety features that Volvo offers are the reason I purchased this truck. I will move onto another one next year. This will be my only vechicle brand for the rest of my life, VOLVO,