2003 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews 3

2003 Volvo XC90 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
Great car at great expense
By buzz127 on 07/15/06 09:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I have had my XC90 for 39 months now. It has been a pleasure to drive, but very expensive to run and maintain. Using high test gas today makes it even more expensive. The car eats tires--OEM got 14,000. 2nd pair of Michelins got 20,000. But it is secure, safe and comfortable. You have to decide if the $$'s are worth the tradeoff.

My Favorite Car
By Vicki on 04/03/06 20:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Almost the perfect vehicle! I'm in sales so I live in my car...consequently the interior is very important. I would love to have an electronic lumbar support adjustment. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this vehicle. Drives and performs like a dream! I will definitely buy another one when the time comes! I did not like the factory tires however and replaced those with ones that give better ride, handle and wear!

My Favorite Car
By Vicki on 04/03/06 20:53 PM (PDT)

excellent all round performance
By pete on 02/23/06 09:56 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I have used this vehicle on the school run as well as on long distance trips overseas in Europe. The comfort reliability and ability on and offroad is exceptional. A recent trip to france with 6 people luggage and 12 cases of champagne proves that this is really in a class of its own. Our Mercedes SUV and X5 dont come near in comfort and drive quality. Lastly, the interior space is unbelievable in the XC90.

Volvo for life!
By Barbra Ann on 02/05/06 09:57 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I love my Volvo SUV because I feel safe and I know my passengers will be protected in the event of an accident. All the safety features that Volvo offers are the reason I purchased this truck. I will move onto another one next year. This will be my only vechicle brand for the rest of my life, VOLVO,

avoid the 2003 XC90
By steveswife1 on 01/07/06 18:29 PM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We've had tons of service problems. Volvo keeps telling us it is because the vehicle is the first year for the model. The vehicle absolutely cannot hold an alignment (we get it realigned every 3-6K miles) and burns thru tires rapidly (every 10-12K miles). Every time we have something fixed, a new problem emerges within 500 miles of driving. Lots of stuff (rear shocks, bearings, brake pads) have had to be replaced prematurely, and there have been many minor problems (stench from HVAC, radio malfunctions, etc.) on top of more serious concerns.

Leaky Volvo XC-90
By MammaDean on 10/17/05 13:35 PM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

We recently had a series of problems and are very unhappy with both the local dealer and Volvo Customer Service. We had the car towed in 3 times for electrical problems before they found the problem and at the same time it was leaking. We had seen leaking around the sun roof but the car was flooding into the passenger floor - which was blamed on the sunroof drain. Again, we took it in 3 times - were accused of parking it outside! and even dumping a bucket of water in it. We paid over $1500 dollars to clean up the mess and Volvo refused to cover it under warranty. Our car was either dead or in the shop for 42 days out of the past 2 months. I will sell it and NEVER buy another Volvo

Too many troubles
By Renee Blei on 10/06/05 20:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I have not been satisfied with this vehicle's workmanship at all. I have had a wheel hub replaced, rear shocks, front sway bar, 2 rear sway bars, turbo boost valve, front cupholder has been repaired 3 times, floor mat tensioners replaced twice, 2 sets of front brakes, and the worst tire performance of any car I have ever had. I really was in love with this car until recently. It is behaving worse than an American car. Hate to give it up but I will not be able to afford this car much longer

Joy to Drive
By Trini on 08/19/05 01:07 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I wish I got to drive this more, it is fun to drive, and I do drive hard. I live and work in the same place, hence don't get to drive as much. It handles very well in the Interstate, especially in corners. I feel very secure cornering at high speeds (over 70mph). This is a joy to drive.

New Volvo SUV Exceeds Expectations
By 2005 Volvo XC 90 on 08/14/05 17:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

In 2002 I bought a new Volvo V70 CC wagon, which I loved but missed the kingly height of an SUV. In April I gave the car to my college-aged nephew and bought a 2005 XC90 T6 for myself. My new SUV now has 8000 miles and has only surpassed my expectations in function and handling. Some drivers/reviewers have dissed the programming commands on Volvo's audio and navigation systems. I don't know what they are talking about, but I'd tell them this: Practice makes perfect. Once mastered both systems are easy to operate, and operate like a dream. The navigation system, AKA "Inga," is so handy and reliable I now can't imagine driving without it. Overall my new XC90 is not just good, it's spectacular