Used 2003 Volvo XC90 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

xc-90
By Keller

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Great vehicle! Drives like my old s- 80. The optional back row of seats comes in handy- a great alternative to a minivan.

Reverse warning system

Best SUV
By ciagins

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I've had it for almost 4 months and it's great. Love the way it handles - it's zippy! Had a Jeep Grand Cherokee before and it was a chore to drive. The XC90 is fun. Lots of room, seats are comfortable - I feel safe in Seattle traffic. Gas mileage is only 15 mpg and the hesitation when you accelorate at low speeds are negatives.

Roominess, handling, safety and it looks so good.

Better engine/transmission performance, more storage spots for driver

Volvo XC90
By Perfect_Aim

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

The Volvo XC90 is probably the best SUV out there. It's comfort level is very high, and it's gas milage is okay (if you want better mileage, go with the five seater). The Volvo XC90 will turn heads on the freeway, and give you comments where you go.

The way the car rides, you will not have to deal with holes in the road, but still be careful. No more dips and drops, just smooth riding!

I do not think that any improvements are needed--except the surrond sound. Don't put the surrond level up to high, or you will hear a lot of echoes. I suggest that you do not do this while driving. I suggest that you do this when parked in the car.

volvo
By jamaras

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

The volvo has it's unique way of style. The comfort and fun to drive stability is great. For winter--an every day driveable vehicle. I't's tough, has enough horsepower to push it's way out of traffic, although it still seems to make fun of driving know matter what condition.

The interior for it's maraculous design of the wood trim and it's leather. It is comfortable for a long family drive and the cool condition of what the air conditioning could do.

The engine, of it's slow accelaration and speed

rear ended
By jjok

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I was waiting at a stop light last Mon when I was suddenly jerked back in my seat. I was rear ended by a full sized chevy pick-up that had been stopped behind me. That truck was rear ended by a dodge daytona that was going 35- 40 mph without braking. The daytona was scrunched up like an accordian, the chevy was damaged enough to be totalled, my xc-90 did what it was supposed to do, it took the impact and deflected the force downward. The whiplash system helped me a ton. My damage was bacically to the lower area and lower liftgate. $2000 damage and being put out, but I cannot overemphasize my impressment of the safety of this unit!!

SAFETY

Better gas mileage, but what do you expect when you are getting all that horsepower.