2003 Volvo XC90 2.5T SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
First Volvo
By Tony B on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Picked up the XC90 on Dec. 31. It's my family's first Volvo. We've driven more than 200 miles already and continue to love the vehicle each time we step inside. In the short span that we've owned it, we've already encountered heavy rain, fog, snow, ice, and slush. The XC90 has performed well in each condition.

Great Test Drive
By M3M on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Test Drive...Very comfortable. I'm 6'3 and my wife is 5'1; we were both comfortable. It rides extremely smoothly and shifts gears well. The geartronic trans didn't shift quite so smoothly, but still useful and fun. The 5 cyl (5 speed) had better pick-up than the 6 cyl (4 speed).

Awesome design; time will tell
By dkpmd on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This is a well designed vehicle. It has seating for seven(in a pinch; small third row seat), acceptable performance for an SUV and near car like handling. A very nice package. One small problem is my inability to find a snow tire/wheel package for the vehicle. Tirerack.com does not yet have a package listed on its web site.

Another Killer Volvo
By MRF2 on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My first impression upon hearing about the new Volvo SUV was that an otherwise respectable company had finally given in to the demand of these unsafe, irresponsible, environmentally wreckless, overall nast vehicles. Well, I was wrong about this one! This car has all the great SUV attributes without the nastiness I've mentioned above. The exterior/interior design is better then anyone else, and looks every bit as good as the BMW X5. The interior is different, but in a quite revolutionary way. Best of all, it drives and rides incredibly well.

New Car fun
By zandybeach on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

It's finally arrived...a vehicle that is incredibly safe, very comfortable and a joy to drive. I'm so happy Volvo has decided to get some style!

T5 Test Drive
By dkrill on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Beautiful car with great engine, much better than T6 (too squishy on accel). Safety is priority, XC90 is tops. Layout excellent, as well. Neat tailgate/hatch feature. Very comfortable seating, better passenger comfort than many minivans/SUVs. Nice dash layout. Step bar/running board useless, though. Too hard to step over and into car; gets clothing dirty, especially in winter. Better off with aftermarket step. European pick-up is steal of century. ~$275 FOR TWO FOR FIVE NIGHTS, INCLUDING AIRFARE, HOTEL AND SHIPPING OF CAR. Price is same as US delivery, from what I've found out so far.

XC90s cool mode is always on
By faliin561 on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

my friend only talked about this vechicle for months. i now cant ador much more. its ride is very car like ride. it has volvo safty.

DIGIT
By SWEDISHGEARHEAD on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

HAVE HAD IT ABOUT 1 MONTH AND LOVE ALMOST EVERYTHING ABOUT IT WISH IT HAD A 5 SPEED OR 6 SPEED TRANNY AND A LARGER GAS TANK BUT THATS NITPICKING

GREAT GREAT GREAT SUV
By sigep on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Shopping for a Cross Country, until I test drove the XC90 T-6. Quality and Safety is all about this SUV. Driving the XC-90 will blow you away, its sooo smooth you can't believe its a SUV. OH, did I mention all the Safety features. Purchased it on the spot. You have to experience this yourself, hard to discribe.

TEST DRIVING THE VOLVO XC90 T6
By C_C on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I have had the pleasure to have as a loaner a VOLVO XC90 T6 to drive over a weekend. By joining the SUV market late, Volvo has taken advantage of features and experiences of its competitors and improved upon them. Safety and dependability is the foremost concern at Volvo. I found the car fun to drive handling well in the city as well as on the highway. Steering is light and accurate. The ride is smoother than I expected. The car comes with standard features seen in only a few, if any, of its competitors. The 6 cylinder engine is a must without which the car would be sluggish.