2016 Volvo XC70 Wagon Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:

Reunited
By MMS

2016 Volvo XC70 Wagon T5 Premier 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Sold my 2004 xc70 5 years and two cars ago with 150,000 miles on it. Missed it from day one. When I heard this was the last year for the model I had to get one. Best car ever. Solid ride, excellent performance with the 5 cylinder engine. The best all around car on the road. The Golden Retriever of the car industry.

Beautiful new XC70
By AnnetteW

2016 Volvo XC70 Wagon T5 Premier 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Love my new Volvo XC - after driving my 2001 V40 with over 172,000! Before buying also considered a Subaru Forester and Subaru Crosstrek. What sold me on the Volvo was the longer warranty period - 4 years/50,000 miles; 12 year rust protection - I live in Western Massachusetts where they salt and sand profusely in the winter; and the alloy wheels. The interior is so luxurious to me and the people at Gengras Volvo in East Hartford gave me the best deal compared to 2 other Volvo dealers. I won't really know how the AWD does in winter because I just got the car - so far the handling is stable; and because the wheelbase and size are larger than my old V40 I am adjusting to how it handles with parking and taking the curves - still breaking it in with only 302 miles so far. The other thing that sold me was the cargo design and layout - my goal is to get to some National Parks to camp in the future - and the 250 horsepower and ability to tow were also part of my decision. And I love the turbo - my V40 has such great pep - and I have loved that capacity. The XC70 does weigh more - so haven't tested the pep of the turbo yet - still being cautious as I adjust to the new height - but love being able to just get in the car - rather than have to lower my body as I did in my V40. And I just get out - so getting in and out is pretty neutral. Love the proximity package and can see that when my hands are full it will be a blessing; the tailgate with auto up and down - fantastic! And the flat trunk - great for tailgating and picnics. All the new technology - navigation; phone; etc. - I am still learning how to use this - so can't really make a call on this yet - plus this stuff didn't exist on my 2001 V40. And have to get the new garage door opener programmed yet - that's how new it is to me.

I love this car!! I own a 2006 and 16!
By Lisa B

2016 Volvo XC70 Wagon T5 Drive-E Classic Platinum 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This car is comfy, rides like a dream, has great pick up and is spacious and easy.

"I now take the LONG way everywhere I go!"
By DRS

2016 Volvo XC70 Wagon T5 Premier 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

For my 40th birthday, my wife surprised me with a trip to the Volvo dealership. You see, a couple of years ago I had to bite the bullet and trade in my 08 XC90 for a Chrysler Town and Country minivan because of the kids. As minivans go, it's great, but... it's a minivan. So for my 40th, my wife said that we could trade in her '15 Subaru Forester for the new XC90! I test drove the 90 and it was great - really nice, but just a little too fancy. See, I'm an avid fly fisherman and I was having trouble picturing this very fancy SUV with muddy boots and waders in the back and mud all over the sides. Besides, I think the new '90 lost a lot of its "Volvoness". The XC70 on the other hand - beautiful classic Volvo. Just as comfortable on the side of a river as it is going out to dinner and a show in the city. So I test drove it and fell in love. The whole experience made it feel like the car was made for me. So we traded in the Forester, which I never quite fit into comfortably (I'm 6', 280lbs, but I carry it well ;) ), and leased the XC70. I picked up the car on New Year's Eve, 2015 and have been loving every bit of it for about a month now. The built in booster seats are awesome for the kids, the fold down passenger seat means I don't have to break down my fly rods to get them in the car, the iPhone app is ridiculously useful, I drove it in the Blizzard of '16 and it handled it like the "blizzard" of '15, I was a little worried about the lack of touch screen but having gotten used to the controls on the steering wheel I found them to be so much easier - especially with the rhino hooves that I have for hands! Every time - Every single time - I get into it, I smile. I smile, and I take the long way everywhere I go. Hey, with these gas prices, what's stoppin' me?

Best Volvo Yet
By Dhp

2016 Volvo XC70 Wagon T5 Platinum 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Professional review was correct - crossover substitute (in fact, XC70 is titled as a crossover).

Super comfortable street-legal tank. Our last XC70 held up to an accident like a tank and this model seems even heavier and more stable.