2015 Volvo XC70 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Volvo XC70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:

Volvo has customer service issues
By Andrian Kouznetsov

2015 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my fifth Volvo and the last one. I leased new XC70 2015 T6 AWD in and I have 15k miles on it. It is great car to some extend regardless of the price tag. It has unique combination of performance, luxury and utility and is well built. So what's the problem? Soon after I leased the car local dealership was closed and I learned that according to "Volvo's policies" I have to drive 200 miles distance to the next dealership to get scheduled maintenance. Is this reasonable? I tried working though Volvo customer service, but have been politely stonewalled, the company has no method of filing customer complaints. They all come back to the same person.

I love interior design, seats, the power and ride quality. The car is excellent for long distance touring, it just feels right with the level of luxury that is appropriate for everyday use. Somebody wrote that XC70 is a wagon that is wannabe SUV/crossover. Well I disagree, XC70 drives significantly better, while providing same utility. It is great car and I think it is underrated. The price is of cause a factor. Full featured XC70 cost less than comparable crossovers or sports-wagons that I considered.

The only thing I dislike about the car is black plastic cladding around the bottom. it looks cheap and it requires maintenance I wish they had painted option. With respect to my main complaint. Volvo has to take care about their customers, not just sell-and-forget. Customer service has to start servicing customers not themselves. The company has to have communication line for filing complaints that go to a different department rather than the same customer service person. Situation with continuing service while closing a dealership can be easily resolved given company's will and should be resolved. Some shake up in upper management, just maybe?

Excellent niche vehicle
By neoskizzle

2015 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD w/Prod. End 5/14 (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Full disclosure: This is my 3rd XC70 and 5th Volvo. It's not that I'm a fanboi, they just best fit my current needs as family commuter and weekend sports equipment hauler. In fact, I shopped around A LOT before replacing my 2011 S60 T6 AWD with the 2015 XC70 T6 AWD. I'm not a fan of SUV looking vehicles but I require good rear leg room and ample cargo capacity. I also prefer more ground clearance than sedans+ as pot holes and high/steep curves have ruined my day in lower sitting cars. The wagon body-style is more popular in Europe and that suites me just fine. If you'd prefer a car but need more room and like the idea of extra ground clearance, you owe it to yourself to test drive an XC70.

This is a premium, luxury vehicle 1st and foremost. The ride quality is plush. "Was that a rail road track? I can't tell, it was so smooth." There's limited wind noise, even at highway speeds. The seats are fantastic with just the right amount of support without being firm. Goldilocks would be proud. The rear seat leg room is copious with only the 2014 Subaru Forester boasting more. The new dash is wonderful, I prefer "Elegance" mode but have been playing with the Eco mode to see how much fuel economy I can squeeze out of the T6 AWD. My 2008 XC70 lacked the turbo and I must say, the turbo makes this a pleasure to drive. Acceleration is brisk but don't expect to beat a Porsche off the line.

While I find the interior design to be generally outstanding (head and shoulders above the plastic, small-knobbed interior of the various Subarus I test drove) there are a couple of things that could be better. 1) The center stack, to include the 7" main display screen, are square with the dashboard. This is in stark contrast to the ever so slightly angled-to-the-driver center stack of the S60/V60/ and XC60. It's minor but it makes a difference. 2) As a commuter, both the 3.2 and the T6 return average mpg figures in the high teens. OUCH! On the highway I can inch up into the low 20's which is still quite poor. Will Volvo give the XC70 Drive-E engine options in future models? Here's hoping.