Edmunds is wrong -- this is way better than an SUV
By gregrasa on
2013 Volvo XC70 T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
We've had our XC70 a year-plus. Had a V70 before it. We love it! Car has understated luxury. Feels like it's build like a frickin' tank, as I'm sure it is. Turbo engine does well. Not what you'd call nimble for around-town driving, but fantastic seats and big-car driving dynamics make it an awesome road-trip car. Excellent stereo. Car looks classy, inside and out. We owned an SUV in the past -- and hated it. Hated the high, tippy feel, tight squeeze in parking spaces, bad mileage. The Volvo solved all that. We recently bought a 2014 Highlander for 7-seater carpool purposes, and while it's nice enough it's not as all-around great as the Volvo. Toyota's only advantage: 2 more seats.
Favorite Features
-- Solid, safe feel. -- Incredibly comfortable seats. -- Pretty good gas mileage (20 city, 27 highway). -- Smooth power. -- Smooth ride. -- Wonderfully quiet cabin. -- Excellent stereo with good soundstage/presence. -- Good looks, inside and out. -- Good cargo space. -- Parking sensors are excellent. I can park this thing anywhere. -- So far, it has been reliable.
Suggested Improvements
-- The moonroof, when open, is noisier than our other cars. Better deflector, maybe? -- Rear-seat legroom could be better. -- The seat memory seems easily confused about which seat position for which user/fob. It's always giving me my wife's settings. -- Radio/climate/Bluetooth controls are a little confusing. -- I wish it had stop-start technology for better mileage. All cars should have this. All of them. -- Overall the car needs much more cabin storage. Some of the places (behind the radio center stack, under the rear cargo area) don't amount to much.