Used 2013 Volvo XC70 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Volvo Xc70 - Consumer Reviews

2013 Volvo XC70 Wagon

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:

Edmunds is wrong -- this is way better than an SUV
By gregrasa

2013 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We've had our XC70 a year-plus. Had a V70 before it. We love it! Car has understated luxury. Feels like it's build like a frickin' tank, as I'm sure it is. Turbo engine does well. Not what you'd call nimble for around-town driving, but fantastic seats and big-car driving dynamics make it an awesome road-trip car. Excellent stereo. Car looks classy, inside and out. We owned an SUV in the past -- and hated it. Hated the high, tippy feel, tight squeeze in parking spaces, bad mileage. The Volvo solved all that. We recently bought a 2014 Highlander for 7-seater carpool purposes, and while it's nice enough it's not as all-around great as the Volvo. Toyota's only advantage: 2 more seats.

Favorite Features

-- Solid, safe feel. -- Incredibly comfortable seats. -- Pretty good gas mileage (20 city, 27 highway). -- Smooth power. -- Smooth ride. -- Wonderfully quiet cabin. -- Excellent stereo with good soundstage/presence. -- Good looks, inside and out. -- Good cargo space. -- Parking sensors are excellent. I can park this thing anywhere. -- So far, it has been reliable.

Suggested Improvements

-- The moonroof, when open, is noisier than our other cars. Better deflector, maybe? -- Rear-seat legroom could be better. -- The seat memory seems easily confused about which seat position for which user/fob. It's always giving me my wife's settings. -- Radio/climate/Bluetooth controls are a little confusing. -- I wish it had stop-start technology for better mileage. All cars should have this. All of them. -- Overall the car needs much more cabin storage. Some of the places (behind the radio center stack, under the rear cargo area) don't amount to much.

T6 AWD Rocks!
103,574 of 103,574 people found this review helpful
By greaves

2013 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Got this car to replace my 2006 Highlander. What a difference. Great power, comfort and quality. Drove the car on a 4000 mile vacation and averaged 23.6MPG-much better than I had expected. The comfort of the front seats is exceptional. I like the understated design of the car. Friends and family were surprised by my purchase but once they rode in the car they were bowled over. I feel very secure in the car at high speeds.

Favorite Features

Interior design, ample horsepower, comfort of the seats, active xenon lights, understated design

Suggested Improvements

none