Used 2013 Volvo XC70 Wagon Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Volvo XC70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:

A great car!, Solid and very comfortable
By Steve reddy

2013 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I am very fussy about my car buying and was considering an S550 or a Mercedes e350 wagon. The Volvo is very practical, with the best front seats I've ever sat in. Decent power with the 300horse T6. I have the Platinum trim level with every option. I have 34,500 miles on the car now, never in the shop except for oil changes. I love the big car driving feel, I hate little cars so I feel like this was a very good choice for me. The deal breaker on the Eclass Mercedes is that the seat cushion doesn't adjust in the tilt, in other words it stays flat and I could never get comfortable in my 2013 E550.

Edmunds is wrong -- this is way better than an SUV
By gregrasa

2013 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We've had our XC70 a year-plus. Had a V70 before it. We love it! Car has understated luxury. Feels like it's build like a frickin' tank, as I'm sure it is. Turbo engine does well. Not what you'd call nimble for around-town driving, but fantastic seats and big-car driving dynamics make it an awesome road-trip car. Excellent stereo.

Car looks classy, inside and out.

We owned an SUV in the past -- and hated it. Hated the high, tippy feel, tight squeeze in parking spaces, bad mileage. The Volvo solved all that. We recently bought a 2014 Highlander for 7-seater carpool purposes, and while it's nice enough it's not as all-around great as the Volvo. Toyota's only advantage: 2 more seats.

-- Solid, safe feel. -- Incredibly comfortable seats. -- Pretty good gas mileage (20 city, 27 highway). -- Smooth power. -- Smooth ride. -- Wonderfully quiet cabin. -- Excellent stereo with good soundstage/presence. -- Good looks, inside and out. -- Good cargo space. -- Parking sensors are excellent. I can park this thing anywhere. -- So far, it has been reliable.

-- The moonroof, when open, is noisier than our other cars. Better deflector, maybe? -- Rear-seat legroom could be better. -- The seat memory seems easily confused about which seat position for which user/fob. It's always giving me my wife's settings. -- Radio/climate/Bluetooth controls are a little confusing. -- I wish it had stop-start technology for better mileage. All cars should have this. All of them. -- Overall the car needs much more cabin storage. Some of the places (behind the radio center stack, under the rear cargo area) don't amount to much.

T6 AWD Rocks!
180,024 of 180,024 people found this review helpful
By greaves

2013 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Got this car to replace my 2006 Highlander.
What a difference.
Great power, comfort and quality.
Drove the car on a 4000 mile vacation and averaged 23.6MPG-much better than I had expected.
The comfort of the front seats is exceptional.
I like the understated design of the car.
Friends and family were surprised by my purchase but once they rode in the car they were bowled over.
I feel very secure in the car at high speeds.

Interior design, ample horsepower, comfort of the seats, active xenon lights, understated design

none