I LOVE my T6!
By lindsayg on
2011 Volvo XC70 T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
Volvo has read my mind- all my "issues" with my 2008 standard XC70 have been completely corrected in the 2011 T6 model. It is absolutely worth the extra $ for the turbo version. I traded in my 2008 and a 2008 BMW M3 on this Volvo and I don't miss the BMW at all because the new Volvo is so much fun to drive. The best of both worlds. Way to go, Volvo!
Favorite Features
The turbo is quiet, smooth, and gives the big car the perfect amount of get up and go. Volvo has improved their Tiptronic and it is now quick and responsive. The coolest thing is that when you flip over into Tiptronic, the engine actually puts out a little bit more power, which is perfect. The BLIS system's quirks have been resolved and I haven't had it malfunction in low light or rain as it did in my 2008. The brakes are finally big enough for the vehicle and they switched back to traditional suspension, which is still very comfortable but can be customized if one would like a stiffer ride. Overall, I absolutely love it.
Suggested Improvements
Nothing major at all. However, more power ports up front would be nice. I have the technology package with the feature that warns of impending collision and with lane departure warnings. Sometimes the glare of the collission warning light module is at a less than ideal place on the windshield, but I am not sure how else they would place the warning lights where they need to be. I'm getting better mileage in the Turbo than I ever did in my standard 2008 model (a small improvement), but I'm surprised they couldn't squeeze out a few more MPG with current technology. 20 MPG in mixed highway/back road driving seems a little unimpressive, but then it is a big car with AWD... so ??