A beautiful wagon
By jjf5 on
2011 Volvo XC70 T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
We had wanted to buy one of these for over a year, and I had done extensive research. I initially wanted a V70, but wife wanted the AWD. I thought the base XC70 3.2 was too slow and inefficient, and wanted to see what happened after Ford sold Volvo to the Chinese. I'm glad I waited. Not only were prices slashed, but quality and features improved. I picked up an XC70 T6 cheaper than last year's base model. Volvo hired a good CEO, and the workers in Gothenburg are happier than they were under Ford. This combined with it being the 3rd production year should mean improved reliability, but we'll see. I'll post a long term update after 10000 miles.
Favorite Features
T6 engine is very powerful and makes this heavy car feel spritely. The tan leather interior and white paint combo is attractive. Almost too nice for our kids. The only option my car has in the climate package and I think it is a good value. It includes rain sensitive wipers and heated seats.
Suggested Improvements
Improved mileage. I hope Volvo brings over some of its European diesels. Options are very expensive. I have some concerns about the leather durability. It seems a little soft and a lot of the used ones had premature wear. I'm planning to get it scotch guarded.