2011 Volvo XC70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:
Great Ride
By dronepro on 01/29/13 20:17 PM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC70 T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

You know when you really like a car and you wish you had it. But, you wish it's as good as you expect it... This is, it blew me away. Probably the finest, most fun ride.

Looks good, feels great, but...
By an0nym0us on 08/10/11 19:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Comparing to 2002 V70XC I traded in for it, it's a mixed bag. Interior feels much more luxurious and refined; also appears somewhat roomier. Exterior design mostly improved on the previous generation, except for those silvery things around fog lights. Actually on mine - painted Electric Silver - they look OK, but on darker cars they're outright out of place. The engine - 3.2 inline 6 - is nominally more powerful than the T5 on previous generation, but feels not as peppy as the older one. Gas mileage is not as good, too. The transmission feels more smooth-shifting and refined. The suspension is tuned more towards ride comfort rather than spirited driving style.

Sleeper T6
By neilxc70 on 06/29/11 16:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC70 T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

A fine car. Comfy, functional, powerful, attractive, high quality, safe, and nearly a bargain compared with other "wagons". It replaced my wife's 1996 850 wagon- which I never liked-- and we bought it with European delivery for about $40k (with climate, convenience, incl taxes and license). We put about 3k mi on it in Europe and averaged, according to the display, 24.4 mi/gal. (But $140 fill ups are very painful). The mpg was a pleasant surprise considering the EPA rating (22 mpg hwy) and some of the reviews. Effortless cruising at 200 kph on the Autobahn. Overall, almost as impressive as my BMW 335i E92 but they're much different beasts.

I LOVE my T6!
By lindsayg on 05/06/11 07:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC70 T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Volvo has read my mind- all my "issues" with my 2008 standard XC70 have been completely corrected in the 2011 T6 model. It is absolutely worth the extra $ for the turbo version. I traded in my 2008 and a 2008 BMW M3 on this Volvo and I don't miss the BMW at all because the new Volvo is so much fun to drive. The best of both worlds. Way to go, Volvo!

Very fun to dirve
By hikerguy69 on 12/31/10 22:32 PM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC70 T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I had a 2005 Subaru Forrester XT with 94K miles, and decided it was time for a new vehicle . I wanted a car that was fun to drive, yet able to carry me, my friends and camping gear up Idaho forrest roads. I looked at 2010 Forrester and Outback, but settled on the XC 70 T6. It is very fun to drive. I love the comfortable seat and the relatively quiet AWD. The handling was excellent and the turbo had loads of pickup. I've only had it a week, but I am very happy.

A beautiful wagon
By jjf5 on 12/22/10 14:36 PM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC70 T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We had wanted to buy one of these for over a year, and I had done extensive research. I initially wanted a V70, but wife wanted the AWD. I thought the base XC70 3.2 was too slow and inefficient, and wanted to see what happened after Ford sold Volvo to the Chinese. I'm glad I waited. Not only were prices slashed, but quality and features improved. I picked up an XC70 T6 cheaper than last year's base model. Volvo hired a good CEO, and the workers in Gothenburg are happier than they were under Ford. This combined with it being the 3rd production year should mean improved reliability, but we'll see. I'll post a long term update after 10000 miles.

Consider the T6 if you're looking for an XC70
By abmwfan on 12/19/10 14:22 PM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC70 T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded a 2009 XC70 3.2 AWD for a 2011 XC70 T6. The turbo engine significantly improves this vehicle: quieter, smoother, more than adequate acceleration and no noticeable reduction in mpg. The 3.2 is slow, buzzy/noisy and it gets lousy mpg (worst of all worlds). You're always aware of the engine working at the limits of its capacity to move this heavy vehicle. And, while the T6's base price is $6k higher, it comes standard with AWD and premium/leather package which are nearly always added to the 3.2, so the "base" sticker price of the T6 and 3.2 are essentially the same before other options. Why not get the bigger engine?

More than expected
By warren smith on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC70 T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

At 1,000 miles I am impressed with all aspects of my new XC70 T6. I am getting 21+ miles in suburban driving, the seats are very supportive and comfortable. I haul two boats and have had no problems with the ability to pull them. We use the more than ample space behind the front row seats to haul all our stuff home back from our summer place. The Bliss system works as promised but does do false readings in the rain. We have the ccomvenirnce group and climate group of add ons plus the personal communications feature and all work as promised. I find the control panel easy to use and the Bluetooth set up is easy to use.

The Real Swagger Wagon
By jrod1790 on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC70 T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I can't say enough good things about this car. Its fun to drive and has the most comfortable seats I've ever been in. I wasn't in love with the idea of getting a wagon/crossover but with an expanding family it was necessary. However, once I drove the car with the T6 engine all my apprehension went away. It really makes the car fun to drive as there is power on demand at all rev ranges! I test drove the 3.2 twice and the difference in performance was significant. Also like all Volvos, the XC70 is loaded with safety, convenience, and technology. I've driven about 1000 miles so far, close to 50/50 local and highway, and I'm averaging a touch over 22 MPG on 91 Octane.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volvo XC70 in VA is:

$137 per month*