2010 Volvo XC70 Consumer Review: Leaping Transmission

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon - Consumer Review

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon

Leaping Transmission
By Driven on

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Volvo, with a BMW, Yukon, Jaguar, in between. My wife has had three and is happy, but not me. My XC70 has a transmission that makes a slight jolt forward at low speeds coming off a stop. It just jumps without my pressing the gas pedal and the dealer has tried software updates and other things but hasn't fixed it after several tries. I'm not happy with this and wonder if the all wheel drive is the cause. Anyone else have this issue, because I'm told there are no tech bulletins on this problem.

Solid built car, great leather seats.

Transmission. Noisy interior back door. Loud engine- surprising for a semi-lux car. Poor gas mileage. Sorry Volvo lovers. I've bought five and I know they are built well, but not happy these days, not a car you look at and get warm and fuzzy.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By 2ndvolvo
on 05/22/12 21:08 PM (PDT)

I have the same problem in my 2010 xc 70. The dealer replaced all 3 components of the transmission and the problem persists. Its still under warranty. The dealer brought in the Volvo service person from corporate. He drove it and said it drives fine and that is how it is supposed to be. Which is of course not the way it is supposed to drive. It slips/hesitates so much that I am very cautious when making left hand turns across on-coming traffic because I do not know if the car will leap or lag. Its just not predictable. Its almost like driving with someone who is learning to use a manual transmission for the first time. Sometimes they ride the clutch too long and sometimes they pop it too quick. Either way, I have given up trying to drink coffee in the morning ride. Wish I had just held onto my 1998 xc. It only had 100,000 miles on it!