Used 2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:

Safe, luxurious and sporty
By cnagappa

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my '02 Land Rover Freelander for the "Premium" Volvo XC70. Here in Canada the 2010 XC70 is sold in three basic trims: Base, Premium and T6. The Premium version includes the full climate package, BLIS, Bluetooth, HomeLink, leather upholstery, safety lock, power tailgate, motorized passenger seat, front seat and other premium features. It does not include the T6 or adaptive suspension. We've had our XC 2010 for 6 months and so far it has performed admirably. Compare to the old Land Rover, this vehicle handles admirably. My only grouse is that the 3.2 sounds gruff and unrefined when climbing hills, otherwise it's pretty smooth.

The most comfortable seats in any car that I have sat in other than a Maybach! Luxurious without the show. Very safe and a ton of features.

Include the 17" alloys in the Premium model. Also improve the engine smoothness when climbing hills.

Jack of all trades
By jackofalltrades

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Turbo is great in Colorado mountains. Super comfortable seats. Decent handling. Quiet, great ride. Bomb proof in the snow with snow tires. It has a better ride, more room, more power than our previous car, 07 BMW 5 series wagon. Gets about the same mileage as the 5 series wagon.

Turbo, seats, personal car communicator key

none

Electric network broke after 3 days
By MM

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Four days ago, I bought a new xc70. Was very happy and impressed by the look of the car & interior comfort. Yesterday, a brake failure signal start blinking & asked me to stop. I stopped & put the car in park & turned it off. Anyway, a big mess. The dealer service could not fix it the next day & gave me a loaner & stating it will take a week or more to find the problem. It is hard to digest this. Anyway, I hope they fix the car soon, although I do not know how I can be sure that the problem is fixed.

No comment

No comment

Leaping Transmission
By Driven

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Volvo, with a BMW, Yukon, Jaguar, in between. My wife has had three and is happy, but not me. My XC70 has a transmission that makes a slight jolt forward at low speeds coming off a stop. It just jumps without my pressing the gas pedal and the dealer has tried software updates and other things but hasn't fixed it after several tries. I'm not happy with this and wonder if the all wheel drive is the cause. Anyone else have this issue, because I'm told there are no tech bulletins on this problem.

Solid built car, great leather seats.

Transmission. Noisy interior back door. Loud engine- surprising for a semi-lux car. Poor gas mileage. Sorry Volvo lovers. I've bought five and I know they are built well, but not happy these days, not a car you look at and get warm and fuzzy.

Superb
By Dbone

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is an extremely well put together vehicle. The perfect car for those not concerned with badge flashing (bmw, merc, etc)...A very understated luxurious ride...This car is literally an S80 inside...Same car with a cargo area... Can't say enough about how impressed I am with the quality of the ride and fit and finish. Fuel economy could be better but I knew this going in.... Sounds like a vault when closing the doors. Read comments about sloppy handling by some. Not the case with the adaptive suspension. I added 19 inch Volvo Erakir wheels as well so I'm sure this improved handling too... Avoid the base 3.2 engine like the plague. Anemic compared to T6, which is very refined.

- Seats are to die for. Truly remarkable. Leather used for T6 much softer than base leather it seems... - Ventilated seats - Active bending lights - Dynaudio Premium sound - Adaptive suspension - Excellent accessories available...19 inch wheels, collapsible cargo divider...

Nothing so far other than perhaps fuel economy...could be a little better but the refinement of the motor is there.. Perhaps make office chairs available based on the seats they use in these things. I honestly can't find any place in my house as comfortable as this car. This is not an exaggeration