Used 2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Jack of all trades
By jackofalltrades

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Turbo is great in Colorado mountains. Super comfortable seats. Decent handling. Quiet, great ride. Bomb proof in the snow with snow tires. It has a better ride, more room, more power than our previous car, 07 BMW 5 series wagon. Gets about the same mileage as the 5 series wagon.

Favorite Features

Turbo, seats, personal car communicator key

Suggested Improvements

none

Very Refined
By klov

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is our fourth Volvo wagon in 16 years. And it's the most refined yet. Definitely go for the T6. It's fast for a wagon. And smooth on acceleration. Fuel economy is just so-so, but offset by the Safe + Secure package that comes standard (free maintenance and wear-and-tear for five years). So far (3,000 miles), so good. By the way, we gifted our 2002 XC70 to our son who lives in the mountains of Wyoming. It's just getting started at 100,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Solid feel. Seats. Cargo space. HID lights. BLIS.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy.

I got a deal
By unclogum

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Car was loaded with everything but parking sensors and power liftgate, A cream puff 2010 with 16,000 miles , a day at war with sales staff and a final offer 2 days later I got it for 26 grand. That's one heck of a distance from the 43,000 it stickered for 2 years ago. Car is tight, room for my stuff, quite , has all the power I need and with no turbo takes regular fuel. I can go over 400 mile per tankful . I would have bought an Outback new at 32 grand, but this Volvo is more car. However keep in mind it takes one heck of a hit in its first 2 years. Mileage is what they claim , but hey if you drive a Volvo , you can afford it, right, of course right.

Favorite Features

Seat folds flat for storage, the key less feature is cool , it stays in your pocket at all time. Did I say Quite, going down the road, it is quite.

Suggested Improvements

A bigger preset selection on the radio.

Volvo
By zakwilliams

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for a little bit now, and love every thing about it! i have heard that they have some problems but mine has held up fine. This car is amazing off road and in the snow. i live near Lake Tahoe and wile other cars and trucks were stuck in last years big snow storm my car just kept trucking along like there was no snow at all! heck iI was even able to pull my friend out of the now when all f the roads where absolutely covered in ice. and let me tell you when his car is not small at all. so if you are looking for a car that can get you there safely in any and i mean ANY type of weather this will be he car for you!

Great Compromise
By Mark

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Replaced Volvo S60 T5 (250 hp) and Lexus LX-450 (inline 6 at 218 hp) with 2010 XC70 T6. Key features: rear seat that folds into flat floor for transporting dogs, driver's seat I can sit in for an hour without my back hurting (sadly the reason I couldn't go with Audi), acceptable performance with 281 hp engine, nice mix of luxury features like highway manners at 90 mph. Delivered on all of the above at what seemed like a very competitive price compared with functionally equivalent vehicles from other manufacturers. Biggest drawback is having to refill gas tank so frequently.

Favorite Features

Not thrilling but gets me home as fast as anything else I could drive on highway. Ground clearance is greatly appreciated compared with today's sedans.

Suggested Improvements

Larger gas tank. Seems ridiculous that range on a full tank is below 300 miles.