2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:
GET THE TURBO!
By Kenneth Elkington on 05/10/10 16:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned MANY different autos... including Mercedes and a couple o' Porsches... but overall, this one really hits a lot of buttons: practicality, safety, styling, comfort, features and yes... performance! Volvo is offering a super incentive with SAFE and SECURE: 5 worry-free years of warranty, scheduled maintenance, roadside assistance and even "wear and tear"... plus either 0% x 72mos or $5k discount (I took the $5k). This is a very well executed design both visually as well as "fit and finish".

Workhorse Wagon
By Bill Stevenson on 04/16/10 13:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Volvo understands the needs of station wagon buyers. This is not a sports car, it is a workhorse. It pulls my trailer with no problem. It is easy to fold down the rear seat and haul a lot of stuff. Example, my long wheelbase recumbent bicycle slides in easily with only the front wheel needing to be removed. There are adjustable tie down points for securing a load in the back, a nice detail. The controls are intuitive and everything is within reach and easy to use. The ride is quiet and the car is sure footed in bad weather. Attention to detail is excellent. Everything works, switches and controls have a nice tactile feel. A surprisingly nice car everyone who has experienced it agrees.

Almost did not happen
By Ben Makowski on 04/09/10 17:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We were looking for a weekend hauler for our Golden Retrievers and were all set to pick up a new Outback. Over the weekend waiting for the Subaru to arrive for delivery I was on line and saw the XC70 and then saw the amazing deals on this amazing wagon. Monday morning first thing went to Capital Volvo and told them about the Subaru and then asked them to show me why I should change my mind and all I had to do was simply drive this car, no comparison at all the subaru, it excelled in every aspect. It is more "premium' feeling and so far we have had only 2 weeks but are very happy of our purchase. Me and my "significant other" both drive new MB's but we argue who gets to drive the Volvo.

My 5th Volvo Wagon, My Last.
By Endicott on 04/07/10 15:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've been a follower of Edmunds for many years, read many reviews, have had several higher end cars. Volvo has changed and I'd love to talk to their CEO and tell him about the fall from grace. The new 6cyl. engine sounds like a vacuum cleaner and is too loud at cruising. Great seating. The transmission jumps when you are at idle. Several trips to the dealer for software upgrades; the Volvo tech also had it jump forward without applying the gas. My wife has an 08, five cyl. and is much quieter. Gas mileage is terrible- only 21 avg. on highway. This is not the Volvo of the past.

Great car
By JD on 03/17/10 12:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is the 4th Volvo I have owned and the first AWD. Since I do a lot of winter/mountain driving this made sense and roads I would have never made it up without chains, this car handeled like the roads were dry. Only two minor suggestions. The instrument panel doesn't show engine temp and the drivers side windshield wiper won't clear the hood and stay up when I want to clean the glass. Maybe in the 2011 model they can fix this. Otherwise I'm very happy.

Refined "Wagon"
By Marc L on 01/26/10 13:43 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Since our 1998 V70, some things have changed: Quiet, smooth ride, on-demand power. And some things haven't: Best seats in the business, solid planted handling, and large cargo capacity. This wagon really does it all in a refined attractive package. The only Achilles heel is middling fuel economy. But that's a price worth paying for this fantastic "wagon."

Great so far!
By trailguy on 12/07/09 14:06 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is a solid, well built car. The fit and finish is excellent. Considered a new 2010 Outback, but the Volvo won the day. Better financing, better trade in offer and more features and interior space. More comfortable interior, nicer design. True, it's not as sporty a ride as the Subaru, but it still feels pretty solid. Engine is a little underpowered for the size of the car but seems to run better with higher octane fuel.

Nice Car
By js on 11/26/09 11:35 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my XC70 a few weeks ago. Overall very happy with the car, smooth drive, lots of space, good safety features, clean and simple interior design, very comfortable seats and excellent visibility. Handles very well. My only criticism is the less than impressive fuel economy. Base engine is also a little sluggish at the lower end. Seems to perform much better when higher octane fuel is used. Solid family car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon in VA is:

$173 per month*