Used 2010 Volvo XC70 T6 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:

Very Refined
By klov

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is our fourth Volvo wagon in 16 years. And it's the most refined yet. Definitely go for the T6. It's fast for a wagon. And smooth on acceleration. Fuel economy is just so-so, but offset by the Safe + Secure package that comes standard (free maintenance and wear-and-tear for five years). So far (3,000 miles), so good. By the way, we gifted our 2002 XC70 to our son who lives in the mountains of Wyoming. It's just getting started at 100,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Solid feel. Seats. Cargo space. HID lights. BLIS.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy.

Great Compromise
By Mark

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Replaced Volvo S60 T5 (250 hp) and Lexus LX-450 (inline 6 at 218 hp) with 2010 XC70 T6. Key features: rear seat that folds into flat floor for transporting dogs, driver's seat I can sit in for an hour without my back hurting (sadly the reason I couldn't go with Audi), acceptable performance with 281 hp engine, nice mix of luxury features like highway manners at 90 mph. Delivered on all of the above at what seemed like a very competitive price compared with functionally equivalent vehicles from other manufacturers. Biggest drawback is having to refill gas tank so frequently.

Favorite Features

Not thrilling but gets me home as fast as anything else I could drive on highway. Ground clearance is greatly appreciated compared with today's sedans.

Suggested Improvements

Larger gas tank. Seems ridiculous that range on a full tank is below 300 miles.

Jack of all trades
By jackofalltrades

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Turbo is great in Colorado mountains. Super comfortable seats. Decent handling. Quiet, great ride. Bomb proof in the snow with snow tires. It has a better ride, more room, more power than our previous car, 07 BMW 5 series wagon. Gets about the same mileage as the 5 series wagon.

Favorite Features

Turbo, seats, personal car communicator key

Suggested Improvements

none

GET THE TURBO!
By Kenneth Elkington

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned MANY different autos... including Mercedes and a couple o' Porsches... but overall, this one really hits a lot of buttons: practicality, safety, styling, comfort, features and yes... performance! Volvo is offering a super incentive with SAFE and SECURE: 5 worry-free years of warranty, scheduled maintenance, roadside assistance and even "wear and tear"... plus either 0% x 72mos or $5k discount (I took the $5k). This is a very well executed design both visually as well as "fit and finish".

Favorite Features

I absolutely love the understated, restrained and refined Scandanavian quality of the interior, which seems to be lifted right out of the higher priced S80 luxo-sedan. Strongly suggest the more expensive T6-Turbo versus the sedate 3.2L, especially if purchasing, like me... and the BLIS option.

Suggested Improvements

For the MSRP, Volvo should include Xenon and adaptive headlights on the T6... or at a much more modest price for the option. Ditto for the ultra- cool "personal car communicator" option (it makes your volvo totally keyless and ultrasecure). Otherwise, can't think of a thing.

Superb
By Dbone

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is an extremely well put together vehicle. The perfect car for those not concerned with badge flashing (bmw, merc, etc)...A very understated luxurious ride...This car is literally an S80 inside...Same car with a cargo area... Can't say enough about how impressed I am with the quality of the ride and fit and finish. Fuel economy could be better but I knew this going in.... Sounds like a vault when closing the doors. Read comments about sloppy handling by some. Not the case with the adaptive suspension. I added 19 inch Volvo Erakir wheels as well so I'm sure this improved handling too... Avoid the base 3.2 engine like the plague. Anemic compared to T6, which is very refined.

Favorite Features

- Seats are to die for. Truly remarkable. Leather used for T6 much softer than base leather it seems... - Ventilated seats - Active bending lights - Dynaudio Premium sound - Adaptive suspension - Excellent accessories available...19 inch wheels, collapsible cargo divider...

Suggested Improvements

Nothing so far other than perhaps fuel economy...could be a little better but the refinement of the motor is there.. Perhaps make office chairs available based on the seats they use in these things. I honestly can't find any place in my house as comfortable as this car. This is not an exaggeration