2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:
I got a deal
By unclogum on 09/22/12 08:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Car was loaded with everything but parking sensors and power liftgate, A cream puff 2010 with 16,000 miles , a day at war with sales staff and a final offer 2 days later I got it for 26 grand. That's one heck of a distance from the 43,000 it stickered for 2 years ago. Car is tight, room for my stuff, quite , has all the power I need and with no turbo takes regular fuel. I can go over 400 mile per tankful . I would have bought an Outback new at 32 grand, but this Volvo is more car. However keep in mind it takes one heck of a hit in its first 2 years. Mileage is what they claim , but hey if you drive a Volvo , you can afford it, right, of course right.

Volvo
By zakwilliams on 12/21/11 19:35 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for a little bit now, and love every thing about it! i have heard that they have some problems but mine has held up fine. This car is amazing off road and in the snow. i live near Lake Tahoe and wile other cars and trucks were stuck in last years big snow storm my car just kept trucking along like there was no snow at all! heck iI was even able to pull my friend out of the now when all f the roads where absolutely covered in ice. and let me tell you when his car is not small at all. so if you are looking for a car that can get you there safely in any and i mean ANY type of weather this will be he car for you!

Very Refined
By klov on 01/04/11 16:41 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is our fourth Volvo wagon in 16 years. And it's the most refined yet. Definitely go for the T6. It's fast for a wagon. And smooth on acceleration. Fuel economy is just so-so, but offset by the Safe + Secure package that comes standard (free maintenance and wear-and-tear for five years). So far (3,000 miles), so good. By the way, we gifted our 2002 XC70 to our son who lives in the mountains of Wyoming. It's just getting started at 100,000 miles.

Great Compromise
By Mark on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Replaced Volvo S60 T5 (250 hp) and Lexus LX-450 (inline 6 at 218 hp) with 2010 XC70 T6. Key features: rear seat that folds into flat floor for transporting dogs, driver's seat I can sit in for an hour without my back hurting (sadly the reason I couldn't go with Audi), acceptable performance with 281 hp engine, nice mix of luxury features like highway manners at 90 mph. Delivered on all of the above at what seemed like a very competitive price compared with functionally equivalent vehicles from other manufacturers. Biggest drawback is having to refill gas tank so frequently.

love it
By Joe on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I also own a 2002 version of the xc70, what a different when I drive this 2010 version. It's so smooth, quiet, a little bit higher off the ground. Good stability on the freeway, must be due to those nice V-rated Continental Contact tires....so far so good on this new purchase. -Joe

Safe, luxurious and sporty
By cnagappa on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my '02 Land Rover Freelander for the "Premium" Volvo XC70. Here in Canada the 2010 XC70 is sold in three basic trims: Base, Premium and T6. The Premium version includes the full climate package, BLIS, Bluetooth, HomeLink, leather upholstery, safety lock, power tailgate, motorized passenger seat, front seat and other premium features. It does not include the T6 or adaptive suspension. We've had our XC 2010 for 6 months and so far it has performed admirably. Compare to the old Land Rover, this vehicle handles admirably. My only grouse is that the 3.2 sounds gruff and unrefined when climbing hills, otherwise it's pretty smooth.

Jack of all trades
By jackofalltrades on 07/31/10 13:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Turbo is great in Colorado mountains. Super comfortable seats. Decent handling. Quiet, great ride. Bomb proof in the snow with snow tires. It has a better ride, more room, more power than our previous car, 07 BMW 5 series wagon. Gets about the same mileage as the 5 series wagon.

Electric network broke after 3 days
By MM on 07/30/10 18:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Four days ago, I bought a new xc70. Was very happy and impressed by the look of the car & interior comfort. Yesterday, a brake failure signal start blinking & asked me to stop. I stopped & put the car in park & turned it off. Anyway, a big mess. The dealer service could not fix it the next day & gave me a loaner & stating it will take a week or more to find the problem. It is hard to digest this. Anyway, I hope they fix the car soon, although I do not know how I can be sure that the problem is fixed.

Leaping Transmission
By Driven on 07/25/10 17:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Volvo, with a BMW, Yukon, Jaguar, in between. My wife has had three and is happy, but not me. My XC70 has a transmission that makes a slight jolt forward at low speeds coming off a stop. It just jumps without my pressing the gas pedal and the dealer has tried software updates and other things but hasn't fixed it after several tries. I'm not happy with this and wonder if the all wheel drive is the cause. Anyone else have this issue, because I'm told there are no tech bulletins on this problem.

Superb
By Dbone on 06/18/10 21:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is an extremely well put together vehicle. The perfect car for those not concerned with badge flashing (bmw, merc, etc)...A very understated luxurious ride...This car is literally an S80 inside...Same car with a cargo area... Can't say enough about how impressed I am with the quality of the ride and fit and finish. Fuel economy could be better but I knew this going in.... Sounds like a vault when closing the doors. Read comments about sloppy handling by some. Not the case with the adaptive suspension. I added 19 inch Volvo Erakir wheels as well so I'm sure this improved handling too... Avoid the base 3.2 engine like the plague. Anemic compared to T6, which is very refined.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon in VA is:

$115 per month*