Used 2010 Volvo XC70 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:

Electric network broke after 3 days
By MM

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Four days ago, I bought a new xc70. Was very happy and impressed by the look of the car & interior comfort. Yesterday, a brake failure signal start blinking & asked me to stop. I stopped & put the car in park & turned it off. Anyway, a big mess. The dealer service could not fix it the next day & gave me a loaner & stating it will take a week or more to find the problem. It is hard to digest this. Anyway, I hope they fix the car soon, although I do not know how I can be sure that the problem is fixed.

No comment

No comment

My 5th Volvo Wagon, My Last.
By Endicott

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've been a follower of Edmunds for many years, read many reviews, have had several higher end cars. Volvo has changed and I'd love to talk to their CEO and tell him about the fall from grace. The new 6cyl. engine sounds like a vacuum cleaner and is too loud at cruising. Great seating. The transmission jumps when you are at idle. Several trips to the dealer for software upgrades; the Volvo tech also had it jump forward without applying the gas. My wife has an 08, five cyl. and is much quieter. Gas mileage is terrible- only 21 avg. on highway. This is not the Volvo of the past.

Seats are very comfortable. Higher clearance in XC is enjoyable. MP3 and USB hookups are good. Blis system is good, bending headlights okay but nothing too great. Only 5,000 miles and already 4 trips to dealer.

The daytime light options are not good. You can't opt for no lights and still have automatic shutoffs- so you have to turn them off manually. If the Ford boys screwed up the engine noise what's next with the new owners? All wheel in snow is okay but not as good as my X-type Jag.

Leaping Transmission
By Driven

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Volvo, with a BMW, Yukon, Jaguar, in between. My wife has had three and is happy, but not me. My XC70 has a transmission that makes a slight jolt forward at low speeds coming off a stop. It just jumps without my pressing the gas pedal and the dealer has tried software updates and other things but hasn't fixed it after several tries. I'm not happy with this and wonder if the all wheel drive is the cause. Anyone else have this issue, because I'm told there are no tech bulletins on this problem.

Solid built car, great leather seats.

Transmission. Noisy interior back door. Loud engine- surprising for a semi-lux car. Poor gas mileage. Sorry Volvo lovers. I've bought five and I know they are built well, but not happy these days, not a car you look at and get warm and fuzzy.

I got a deal
By unclogum

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Car was loaded with everything but parking sensors and power liftgate, A cream puff 2010 with 16,000 miles , a day at war with sales staff and a final offer 2 days later I got it for 26 grand. That's one heck of a distance from the 43,000 it stickered for 2 years ago. Car is tight, room for my stuff, quite , has all the power I need and with no turbo takes regular fuel. I can go over 400 mile per tankful . I would have bought an Outback new at 32 grand, but this Volvo is more car. However keep in mind it takes one heck of a hit in its first 2 years. Mileage is what they claim , but hey if you drive a Volvo , you can afford it, right, of course right.

Seat folds flat for storage, the key less feature is cool , it stays in your pocket at all time. Did I say Quite, going down the road, it is quite.

A bigger preset selection on the radio.

Volvo
By zakwilliams

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for a little bit now, and love every thing about it! i have heard that they have some problems but mine has held up fine. This car is amazing off road and in the snow. i live near Lake Tahoe and wile other cars and trucks were stuck in last years big snow storm my car just kept trucking along like there was no snow at all! heck iI was even able to pull my friend out of the now when all f the roads where absolutely covered in ice. and let me tell you when his car is not small at all. so if you are looking for a car that can get you there safely in any and i mean ANY type of weather this will be he car for you!