2010 Volvo XC70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:
Electric network broke after 3 days
By MM on 07/30/10 18:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Four days ago, I bought a new xc70. Was very happy and impressed by the look of the car & interior comfort. Yesterday, a brake failure signal start blinking & asked me to stop. I stopped & put the car in park & turned it off. Anyway, a big mess. The dealer service could not fix it the next day & gave me a loaner & stating it will take a week or more to find the problem. It is hard to digest this. Anyway, I hope they fix the car soon, although I do not know how I can be sure that the problem is fixed.

My 5th Volvo Wagon, My Last.
By Endicott on 04/07/10 15:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've been a follower of Edmunds for many years, read many reviews, have had several higher end cars. Volvo has changed and I'd love to talk to their CEO and tell him about the fall from grace. The new 6cyl. engine sounds like a vacuum cleaner and is too loud at cruising. Great seating. The transmission jumps when you are at idle. Several trips to the dealer for software upgrades; the Volvo tech also had it jump forward without applying the gas. My wife has an 08, five cyl. and is much quieter. Gas mileage is terrible- only 21 avg. on highway. This is not the Volvo of the past.

Leaping Transmission
By Driven on 07/25/10 17:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Volvo, with a BMW, Yukon, Jaguar, in between. My wife has had three and is happy, but not me. My XC70 has a transmission that makes a slight jolt forward at low speeds coming off a stop. It just jumps without my pressing the gas pedal and the dealer has tried software updates and other things but hasn't fixed it after several tries. I'm not happy with this and wonder if the all wheel drive is the cause. Anyone else have this issue, because I'm told there are no tech bulletins on this problem.

Volvo
By zakwilliams on 12/21/11 19:35 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for a little bit now, and love every thing about it! i have heard that they have some problems but mine has held up fine. This car is amazing off road and in the snow. i live near Lake Tahoe and wile other cars and trucks were stuck in last years big snow storm my car just kept trucking along like there was no snow at all! heck iI was even able to pull my friend out of the now when all f the roads where absolutely covered in ice. and let me tell you when his car is not small at all. so if you are looking for a car that can get you there safely in any and i mean ANY type of weather this will be he car for you!

I got a deal
By unclogum on 09/22/12 08:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Car was loaded with everything but parking sensors and power liftgate, A cream puff 2010 with 16,000 miles , a day at war with sales staff and a final offer 2 days later I got it for 26 grand. That's one heck of a distance from the 43,000 it stickered for 2 years ago. Car is tight, room for my stuff, quite , has all the power I need and with no turbo takes regular fuel. I can go over 400 mile per tankful . I would have bought an Outback new at 32 grand, but this Volvo is more car. However keep in mind it takes one heck of a hit in its first 2 years. Mileage is what they claim , but hey if you drive a Volvo , you can afford it, right, of course right.

Workhorse Wagon
By Bill Stevenson on 04/16/10 13:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Volvo understands the needs of station wagon buyers. This is not a sports car, it is a workhorse. It pulls my trailer with no problem. It is easy to fold down the rear seat and haul a lot of stuff. Example, my long wheelbase recumbent bicycle slides in easily with only the front wheel needing to be removed. There are adjustable tie down points for securing a load in the back, a nice detail. The controls are intuitive and everything is within reach and easy to use. The ride is quiet and the car is sure footed in bad weather. Attention to detail is excellent. Everything works, switches and controls have a nice tactile feel. A surprisingly nice car everyone who has experienced it agrees.

Great so far!
By trailguy on 12/07/09 14:06 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is a solid, well built car. The fit and finish is excellent. Considered a new 2010 Outback, but the Volvo won the day. Better financing, better trade in offer and more features and interior space. More comfortable interior, nicer design. True, it's not as sporty a ride as the Subaru, but it still feels pretty solid. Engine is a little underpowered for the size of the car but seems to run better with higher octane fuel.

Nice Car
By js on 11/26/09 11:35 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my XC70 a few weeks ago. Overall very happy with the car, smooth drive, lots of space, good safety features, clean and simple interior design, very comfortable seats and excellent visibility. Handles very well. My only criticism is the less than impressive fuel economy. Base engine is also a little sluggish at the lower end. Seems to perform much better when higher octane fuel is used. Solid family car.

Refined "Wagon"
By Marc L on 01/26/10 13:43 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC70 T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Since our 1998 V70, some things have changed: Quiet, smooth ride, on-demand power. And some things haven't: Best seats in the business, solid planted handling, and large cargo capacity. This wagon really does it all in a refined attractive package. The only Achilles heel is middling fuel economy. But that's a price worth paying for this fantastic "wagon."

Almost did not happen
By Ben Makowski on 04/09/10 17:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We were looking for a weekend hauler for our Golden Retrievers and were all set to pick up a new Outback. Over the weekend waiting for the Subaru to arrive for delivery I was on line and saw the XC70 and then saw the amazing deals on this amazing wagon. Monday morning first thing went to Capital Volvo and told them about the Subaru and then asked them to show me why I should change my mind and all I had to do was simply drive this car, no comparison at all the subaru, it excelled in every aspect. It is more "premium' feeling and so far we have had only 2 weeks but are very happy of our purchase. Me and my "significant other" both drive new MB's but we argue who gets to drive the Volvo.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volvo XC70 in VA is:

$173 per month*