2010 Volvo XC70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:
I got a deal
By unclogum on 09/22/12 08:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Car was loaded with everything but parking sensors and power liftgate, A cream puff 2010 with 16,000 miles , a day at war with sales staff and a final offer 2 days later I got it for 26 grand. That's one heck of a distance from the 43,000 it stickered for 2 years ago. Car is tight, room for my stuff, quite , has all the power I need and with no turbo takes regular fuel. I can go over 400 mile per tankful . I would have bought an Outback new at 32 grand, but this Volvo is more car. However keep in mind it takes one heck of a hit in its first 2 years. Mileage is what they claim , but hey if you drive a Volvo , you can afford it, right, of course right.

Volvo
By zakwilliams on 12/21/11 19:35 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for a little bit now, and love every thing about it! i have heard that they have some problems but mine has held up fine. This car is amazing off road and in the snow. i live near Lake Tahoe and wile other cars and trucks were stuck in last years big snow storm my car just kept trucking along like there was no snow at all! heck iI was even able to pull my friend out of the now when all f the roads where absolutely covered in ice. and let me tell you when his car is not small at all. so if you are looking for a car that can get you there safely in any and i mean ANY type of weather this will be he car for you!

love it
By Joe on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I also own a 2002 version of the xc70, what a different when I drive this 2010 version. It's so smooth, quiet, a little bit higher off the ground. Good stability on the freeway, must be due to those nice V-rated Continental Contact tires....so far so good on this new purchase. -Joe

Safe, luxurious and sporty
By cnagappa on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my '02 Land Rover Freelander for the "Premium" Volvo XC70. Here in Canada the 2010 XC70 is sold in three basic trims: Base, Premium and T6. The Premium version includes the full climate package, BLIS, Bluetooth, HomeLink, leather upholstery, safety lock, power tailgate, motorized passenger seat, front seat and other premium features. It does not include the T6 or adaptive suspension. We've had our XC 2010 for 6 months and so far it has performed admirably. Compare to the old Land Rover, this vehicle handles admirably. My only grouse is that the 3.2 sounds gruff and unrefined when climbing hills, otherwise it's pretty smooth.

Electric network broke after 3 days
By MM on 07/30/10 18:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Four days ago, I bought a new xc70. Was very happy and impressed by the look of the car & interior comfort. Yesterday, a brake failure signal start blinking & asked me to stop. I stopped & put the car in park & turned it off. Anyway, a big mess. The dealer service could not fix it the next day & gave me a loaner & stating it will take a week or more to find the problem. It is hard to digest this. Anyway, I hope they fix the car soon, although I do not know how I can be sure that the problem is fixed.

Leaping Transmission
By Driven on 07/25/10 17:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Volvo, with a BMW, Yukon, Jaguar, in between. My wife has had three and is happy, but not me. My XC70 has a transmission that makes a slight jolt forward at low speeds coming off a stop. It just jumps without my pressing the gas pedal and the dealer has tried software updates and other things but hasn't fixed it after several tries. I'm not happy with this and wonder if the all wheel drive is the cause. Anyone else have this issue, because I'm told there are no tech bulletins on this problem.

Workhorse Wagon
By Bill Stevenson on 04/16/10 13:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Volvo understands the needs of station wagon buyers. This is not a sports car, it is a workhorse. It pulls my trailer with no problem. It is easy to fold down the rear seat and haul a lot of stuff. Example, my long wheelbase recumbent bicycle slides in easily with only the front wheel needing to be removed. There are adjustable tie down points for securing a load in the back, a nice detail. The controls are intuitive and everything is within reach and easy to use. The ride is quiet and the car is sure footed in bad weather. Attention to detail is excellent. Everything works, switches and controls have a nice tactile feel. A surprisingly nice car everyone who has experienced it agrees.

Almost did not happen
By Ben Makowski on 04/09/10 17:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We were looking for a weekend hauler for our Golden Retrievers and were all set to pick up a new Outback. Over the weekend waiting for the Subaru to arrive for delivery I was on line and saw the XC70 and then saw the amazing deals on this amazing wagon. Monday morning first thing went to Capital Volvo and told them about the Subaru and then asked them to show me why I should change my mind and all I had to do was simply drive this car, no comparison at all the subaru, it excelled in every aspect. It is more "premium' feeling and so far we have had only 2 weeks but are very happy of our purchase. Me and my "significant other" both drive new MB's but we argue who gets to drive the Volvo.

My 5th Volvo Wagon, My Last.
By Endicott on 04/07/10 15:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've been a follower of Edmunds for many years, read many reviews, have had several higher end cars. Volvo has changed and I'd love to talk to their CEO and tell him about the fall from grace. The new 6cyl. engine sounds like a vacuum cleaner and is too loud at cruising. Great seating. The transmission jumps when you are at idle. Several trips to the dealer for software upgrades; the Volvo tech also had it jump forward without applying the gas. My wife has an 08, five cyl. and is much quieter. Gas mileage is terrible- only 21 avg. on highway. This is not the Volvo of the past.

Great car
By JD on 03/17/10 12:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is the 4th Volvo I have owned and the first AWD. Since I do a lot of winter/mountain driving this made sense and roads I would have never made it up without chains, this car handeled like the roads were dry. Only two minor suggestions. The instrument panel doesn't show engine temp and the drivers side windshield wiper won't clear the hood and stay up when I want to clean the glass. Maybe in the 2011 model they can fix this. Otherwise I'm very happy.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volvo XC70 in VA is:

$173 per month*