Used 2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
I got a deal
By unclogum

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Car was loaded with everything but parking sensors and power liftgate, A cream puff 2010 with 16,000 miles , a day at war with sales staff and a final offer 2 days later I got it for 26 grand. That's one heck of a distance from the 43,000 it stickered for 2 years ago. Car is tight, room for my stuff, quite , has all the power I need and with no turbo takes regular fuel. I can go over 400 mile per tankful . I would have bought an Outback new at 32 grand, but this Volvo is more car. However keep in mind it takes one heck of a hit in its first 2 years. Mileage is what they claim , but hey if you drive a Volvo , you can afford it, right, of course right.

Favorite Features

Seat folds flat for storage, the key less feature is cool , it stays in your pocket at all time. Did I say Quite, going down the road, it is quite.

Suggested Improvements

A bigger preset selection on the radio.

Volvo
By zakwilliams

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for a little bit now, and love every thing about it! i have heard that they have some problems but mine has held up fine. This car is amazing off road and in the snow. i live near Lake Tahoe and wile other cars and trucks were stuck in last years big snow storm my car just kept trucking along like there was no snow at all! heck iI was even able to pull my friend out of the now when all f the roads where absolutely covered in ice. and let me tell you when his car is not small at all. so if you are looking for a car that can get you there safely in any and i mean ANY type of weather this will be he car for you!

Electric network broke after 3 days
By MM

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Four days ago, I bought a new xc70. Was very happy and impressed by the look of the car & interior comfort. Yesterday, a brake failure signal start blinking & asked me to stop. I stopped & put the car in park & turned it off. Anyway, a big mess. The dealer service could not fix it the next day & gave me a loaner & stating it will take a week or more to find the problem. It is hard to digest this. Anyway, I hope they fix the car soon, although I do not know how I can be sure that the problem is fixed.

Favorite Features

No comment

Suggested Improvements

No comment

love it
By Joe

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I also own a 2002 version of the xc70, what a different when I drive this 2010 version. It's so smooth, quiet, a little bit higher off the ground. Good stability on the freeway, must be due to those nice V-rated Continental Contact tires....so far so good on this new purchase. -Joe

Favorite Features

V6, all time 4WD transmission, run flat tires, MP3, Bluetooth, etc. connection, runs on regular fuel!

Suggested Improvements

better pickup (it seem my '02 xc70 more responsive, may be due to the turbo).

Safe, luxurious and sporty
By cnagappa

2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my '02 Land Rover Freelander for the "Premium" Volvo XC70. Here in Canada the 2010 XC70 is sold in three basic trims: Base, Premium and T6. The Premium version includes the full climate package, BLIS, Bluetooth, HomeLink, leather upholstery, safety lock, power tailgate, motorized passenger seat, front seat and other premium features. It does not include the T6 or adaptive suspension. We've had our XC 2010 for 6 months and so far it has performed admirably. Compare to the old Land Rover, this vehicle handles admirably. My only grouse is that the 3.2 sounds gruff and unrefined when climbing hills, otherwise it's pretty smooth.

Favorite Features

The most comfortable seats in any car that I have sat in other than a Maybach! Luxurious without the show. Very safe and a ton of features.

Suggested Improvements

Include the 17" alloys in the Premium model. Also improve the engine smoothness when climbing hills.