2009 Volvo XC70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:
Lucky lucky Lucky
By London Kiwi on 02/05/10 14:00 PM (PST)

2009 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Lucky enough to live in the Uk, so bought a 175Hp Diesel 2wd variant. lose the all-wheel drive, but gain excellent fuel economy (average 38MPG with mostly around town driving) still have the luxury touches (Leather upholstery, heated seats, build in sat-nav etc) Love it love it love it

The car just 'fits'
By Steve on 09/17/09 19:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car if very comfortable to drive. Very solidly built. Quieter and more comfortable ride than the 2006 that I really really liked. Every time I drive the thought "this is a pleasure" comes to me.

Stay away
By luis on 02/25/09 19:25 PM (PST)

2009 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned this car for 14 months and I can't wait for my lease to be up. Wait a couple years before Volvo puts everything together in this car. Every week there is one thing, electronic issues, alert messages, ratles, transmission jumps from one gear to another for no reason and in the mountains the car goes nuts. The dealer says it is normal in this model and Volvo is still trying to improve it. Resale value is horrible, reliability is even worse, check for yourself Consumer reports and see the ratings from the editors at Edmunds. Do not make the same mistake and wait until they do something about it, it is hard to believe that from the past model Volvo has done such a bad job.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volvo XC70 in VA is:

$93 per month*