Respectible ride
By Effigy3 on
2008 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)
My previous 7 vehicles were VWs so changing to Volvo was a leap. I had an S40 T5 AWD for 6 months before "surprise" 2nd child arrived. Traded for the XC70 for the added room. The ride on this car is excellent for it's class. It feels more like a luxury sedan and less like an SUV. Compared to my previous Passats it feels much roomier which is great for our family of 4. The built-in DVD players are a big hit! (DVD+R work just fine.) It's exactly the kind of solid, thoughtful, classy vehcile that I would expect from a Volvo. I average 18 mpg under mixed driving conditions (22 mpg higway) using a responsible "kids in the car" driving style and 89 octane gas.
Favorite Features
Exterior styling, adaptive cruise control is now a must have feature for me, 3-blink directional signal when tapped, seats are comfortable, folding side mirrors, parking assist works great but would like to set it as an "opt-in" feature rather than an "opt- out".
Suggested Improvements
Is it too much to ask to have a power plug or 2 up by the dash rather than near the back of the center console? Add a button on the remote for the power liftgate. Add rubber traction strips in trunk to counter low friction trunk carpet. Make headlight switch actually turn off lights.