2008 Volvo XC70 3.2L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Big Disapointment

2008 Volvo XC70 Wagon - Consumer Review

Big Disapointment
By DaveJ on

2008 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Acquired on 2 yr 12K Volvo lease with promise that I could extend for 6 months. Now that I am at lease end Volvo and the dealer will not honor the original promise. I was offered a $29K buyout do not overpay. I am through with Volvo. I had a 2000 V70XC-SE. After 90K miles major systems failed and cost to keep it on the road were VERY high. Same experience with a prior 240 DL. You cannot afford to keep them going once they need major service. The 2008 has disappointing performance and mileage. It is underpowered. The BLIS sensors and ultrasonic sensors don't work in the rain or snow. Any load in the rear causes the springs to bottom out. Check Xenon headlight replacement cost.

Favorite Features

RF key-less entry and starting. Comfortable seating. Corner tracking headlights. Heated seats. Sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Sale of Volvo to China makes future uncertain. Minimal leg room in rear seat. Poor layout for iPod use. EXTREME deprecation. More travel and stiffness in rear springs. Needs more power and better mileage. Extended warranty period. Service costs HIGH. Honesty from dealer and Volvo leasing.