2008 Volvo XC70 Consumer Review: No Problem(s)

2008 Volvo XC70 - Consumer Review

3.2 Wagon (3.2L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

No Problem(s)
By melalbert on

2008 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased 3-year old 2008 XC-70 with only 39K on odometer and just absolutely love the vehicle. I have been able to transport my wife and I and two teens in absolute comfort all over the East Coast, racking up over 10K miles in six months. Everyone sleeps in comfort in their leather seats as I tool along smoothly over those miles. If this isn't my dream car yet, then don't wake me when it shows up.

Best features are the leather, reclining, heated, seats with power controls, power sunroof, A/C in summer and heat controls now that it is cold. The comfort and quiet of the ride is my favorite feature, along with the fact that this car looks really sharp. The storage space behind the two rear seats leaves plenty of space to fit my son's large hockey bag. With the seats folded down, I have been able to fit two adult bicycles on their sides for further adventures.

Disappointments have to do with two of the tires wearing prematurely (for which I blame the original leasee), inability to get the visor-based HomeLink system to recognize my new garage door opener and only a single CD player instead of the six-changer I have in other cars. The inside of the windshield tends to fog up rather quickly. Fuel economy not the greatest but that's not why I bought the car. I bought it to celebrate my anticipated retirement.