2007 Volvo XC70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic - (18 reviews )
Worst car I ever owned
By crustyjef2 on 05/01/12 18:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC70 Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We purchased this car hoping to get well into 6 figures on the mileage. Well within 2000 miles of the warranty expiring i am incurring $8000 in repairs. Failed water pump and timing belt and then the transmission failed. Volvo and dealership seem to care less. I get it that i am outside the warranty, but come on Volvo! 2000 miles?

(Almost) Everything a Car Should Be
By matt1122 on 02/13/12 16:47 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo XC70 Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned two of this generation of the Volvo XC70. I upgraded from a 2001 to a 2007 to gain electronic stability control, a more powerful and cleaner running engine, and the Haldex AWD. The only reliability problem I have had in the 11 years since my first XC70 was delivered was a bad transmission in the 01. It covered by warranty, and at no point was I unable to drive the vehicle - even once it became obvious the transmission was going (it simply became loud and clunky).

Gas and Tires
By crh on 02/23/10 15:19 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo XC70 Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

solid ,no mechanical fault with 36000k I get 19 to 21 in winter and sum.20 to 24,5 all hwy drive,you get better mpg at 77 then 74 or 65 ,uses more 68 to 74

A Smooth Ride
By maggiemay on 10/29/09 07:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC70 Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first experience with Volvo and after having driven the XC-70 for two years, I submit this review. The XC-70 is a wonderful machine with an incredibly smooth ride for a wagon. I feel very safe in this vehicle and the weight of the XC-70 surrounding me evokes a secure feeling. The XC-70 handles well in inclement weather and is easily maneuvered when quick action is required. For comfort and safety, I would recommend this model to any couple who loves to travel by auto. Would not recommend it if back seat passengers are often along -- too cramped.For safety and reliability, I would say it is second to none.

Glad I chose the XC70
By first time owner on 04/02/09 22:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC70 Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After thinking about it for a long time, I narrowed down my choice of cars to the XC70, Honda Element and Outback. Drove all 3 back to back. Bought the 2007 XC70 with 30k miles for a great price, especially with a trade-in of my 16 year old Toyota 4-runner! I thought there was not comparison between the Volvo and the Outback....I know the Outback has a good reputation, but the XC70 has blown me away (imagine moving from a 1993 4-runner to a 2007 XC70). It is such a joy to drive, and although I can't compare it to other cars in its class, I think it handles and rides incredibly. It is so solid and quiet and the interior is like sitting in your favorite leather chair.

Disappointed
By rdw on 01/09/09 10:46 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo XC70 Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I leased this car in 10/2006 and purchased the additional service feature on it. The car has 26K miles on it and I need rotors, brakes, a new side view mirror, alignment, tires and horn. $1,100 to repair a car that I put $4K down on and have been paying $470/month ever since. I'm really disappointed and will not get another Volvo.

Hate this car
By Marie in Atlanta on 08/05/08 07:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC70 Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Had the worst experience with this car than any other car I have owned. After 35,000 miles car broke down due to a fuel sensor. Had to wait for 3 hour in over 100 degree wather for Volvo's road side assistance. Had to drive 75 miles to pick up the car only to get almost home for it to break again. Now the back seat seatbelt is not working and have to go up to the dealership again. Paid to have tires rotated, service did not do this. 35000 miles on the car and I need new tires. I do not drive cars hard and we always keep up with oil changes, tire rotation etc. I am a working mom who has to do the school run. However I recently feel every time I get in the car, there is a problem.

Can't have it all
By Volvoman on 07/19/08 00:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC70 Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

2nd Volvo XC 70 for us. Previous was 03, with better mileage (17/26). City driving yields 13mpg, highway never better than 22. Also have had repeated problems with the tire pressure monitoring system--car has been back 3x for service--each time, they tweak, but warning message comes on after 30 minutes on highway. Never in short runs in city. Earlier they changed sensors, told me to keep tyres infated to 43psi (!) Now they have changed some electronics-let's see.

Poor MPG
By MF Stack on 06/18/08 18:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC70 Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my second Volvo XC70 after the 2004. The 2007 model is on the same chassis, same engine but the miles per gallon are poor. I get less than 14 MPG in the city and about 19 MPG on the highway. I use premium gasoline and my driving pattern is the same as with the 2004 which got at least 22 on the highway and 17MPG in the city. The dealer has tried a few minor tweaks but won't really look into the problem and does not care. I think I bought a lemon as far as gas mileage is concerned. Other features on the wagon are good to great but with gas prices so high, this is not a car to own.

Great All Around Car
By Peter on 05/10/08 03:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC70 Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned my Volvo XC 70 for one year. In this time, I have come to really appreciate its engineering and design. It gives me excellent service and performance without any compromise. It handles beautifully in town and on the freeway. Its 5 cylinder motor with turbo gives me plenty of power when I need it. It has plenty of cargo space and its leather upholstery gives me the comfort I seek. I find it extremely comfortable to drive and its solid construction gives me a sense of security even when driving with heavy truck, and SUV traffic.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.