Used 2006 Volvo XC70 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volvo XC70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:

Had many car...this is the one!!!!
By Stanley

2006 Volvo XC70 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We must have had over 50 vehicles of all kinds over the years. This one is a tank. I feel so safe. Although we have only had it a few months, I could not be more impressed. I have yet to go through a winter but with a hill for a driveway it is very comforting to know I will make it up without any issues. Can't wait to try it in the snow. I feel very secure, rich, and cared for when driving.

Safe feeling.

None so far.

Reliable and practical
By JC Morejon

2006 Volvo XC70 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my third Volvo xc and the best by far. Smooth ride and handles well in inclement weather. Trunk size is great.

Trunk and seat fold down creates great space. All wheel drive feature is great.

Power windows have been a problem. Sometimes the windows go down when the engine is shut off. This vehicle also experienced sudden acceleration once.

These are sweet cars!
By VolvoForLife

2006 Volvo XC70 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I just purchased a 2006 XC70 AWD wagons and I am very pleased. This car is made for road tripping or just cruising around town in style, comfort and safety. Sweet ride Volvo.

Great car, No key entry to rear hatch
By Bernie

2006 Volvo XC70 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I own the car for 6 weeks now, and love it, except for the fact that if for some reason you can't open the rear hatch with the remote, or from the lock control inside the car, there's no key entry place to be able to gain access to the rear. This is super important to me because I'm disabled, and my scooter is in the rear compartment. If I can't open the hatch for some reason, I'm really going to be stuck because I won't be able to remove my Scooter. I wonder where their heads were in designing a wagon, where there's no way to gain access if the remote or the carlock don't work for whatever reason!

It's a Volvo! Super comfortable driver and passenger front seats. Lots of space in the rear compartment for a handicapped person to store wheelchair or scooter.

There should be a key entry to the rear compartment! Hide it, but there needs to be a place to use a key if all else fails.

Not the Volvo it used to be
By Notpleased

2006 Volvo XC70 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

From the moment I drove the car off the lot new there was a thump in the rear end. It took 18 months to get the problem corrected. At 32,000 miles something internally damaged the engine head, and it needed replacement. It was repaired under warranty, but the car simply does not perform like it did prior to the problem. This all happened even after being religous about meeting service and oil change intervals, etc. I love the look of the car inside and out but the Volvo quality and service have alot to be desired. I say this after having six Volvos over the last 20+ years, the first four running over 100,000 miles with few problems. The last two (both XC70) with nothing but problems.

Style, Volvo safety, go anywhere AWD, and seat comfort. back-up sensing devise. Large sideview mirrors. Lots of storage pockets. Geartronic transmission.

Chews through tires, lucky to get 20- 25000 miles on set of $400 a piece Pirelli tires. Automatic door locks. Audible remote door lock. Loss the turbo lag for quicker accelleration. Better dealer service.

• SUV