2006 Volvo XC70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:
Good solid car.
By donco6 on 02/04/07 12:23 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo XC70 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had my Volvo XC70 for a year now and have had absolutely no problems. It's taken me up into the mountains many times - solid on snow packed and/or icy roads. All the features are convenient. Seat warmers are great! Lots of cargo room. Great car!

computer problems AGAIN
By mabess on 11/02/06 05:14 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo XC70 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

you'd think the engineers at Volvo would get the electrical right. my '06 is the 2nd XC70 where the computer failed and the car stopped- this time in rural Vermont. call 800# and you get 25 miles towing and NOTHING else. this is my last Volvo- NOT DEPENDABLE!

Nice car
By Rick on 04/14/06 08:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC70 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a very comfortable car . the gas mileage is ok for this size engine and all wheel drive.

Best All Around!
By R2D2 on 03/04/06 14:13 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo XC70 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

From a stand-still, this car is a rocket, reminding me of the old "Tiger Paws" tire commercials. I can feel the grrrip when I am off-road pulling my pop-up camper, or in heavy rains...

2006 XC70
By William A. Shue, Jr. on 02/27/06 10:11 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo XC70 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The 2006 XC70 is a solidly built SUV. Just getting inside and closing the door seems to quiet the outside world immediately. It's quiet on the highways and handles quickly in turns -- better than I expected for a wagon and an SUV. It's exceptionally comfortable for long rides and the HU850 radio with DolbyII truly make an audible difference. I'm getting 15 MPG about town and 25 MPG on the highway according to the built-in computer. I'm happy to have purchase it.

My most perfect ever -- of 8!
By Rick on 01/18/06 21:54 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo XC70 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Acceleration is weakened by the all - wheel drive somewhat, but imagine it on slippery roads! If the drag strip was wet, no one would beat it! Comfy for 10 hour drives, stylish...not a SINGLE complaint!

The Wagon of Choice!!
By Gaith_XC70 on 11/26/05 16:02 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo XC70 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After carefully researching all the other similar vehicles, we picked the XC70, with the premium and climate packages. Other makes came with more options for less money. But..a volvo is a volvo...is a volvo - it is all about safety. Most of all we love the feel of the solid construction. My wife surprised me by actually liking the feel of this car. When compared to an Accord, it has a slightly ponderous feel, but it is easy to get used to. Also the room...other AWD wagons in this class simply do not have the same roominess.

Total Package
By HuskyMom on 09/21/05 16:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC70 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is the total package vehicle. Volvo did their homework and produced a winner. I purchased this vehicle for my show dogs. With all the extras that are available, my dogs will be as safe as I am. I feel very confident and safe while driving or riding in this vehicle.

The Car for all Seasons
By tjstew on 09/21/05 08:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC70 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We love this vehicle. It is an outstanding vehicle for people who want complete versatility, luxury, and european driving qualities without having to climb up into a high SUV. It has absolutely the best seats in the industry. We haul children's families, grandchildren, greatgrandmothers (who cannot climb into a higher vehicle), and friends. We haul construction materials for projects on a home in vermont- all with the confidence of Volvo safety, reliability and very good mileage. With the rooftop carrier we have as much capacity as a large SUV.

OneFineCar
By AlecZander on 08/26/05 09:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC70 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This vehicle gives my rather hesitant and extremely cautious wife a confidence in driving she has found in no other. Much better than the Jaguar Sportwagon. This is a very well thought out car. It is happy in all driving conditions. We expect to keep it for ten years or more! It is a mid-size car, and one should not expect the roominess, particularly in the back seat, of a similarly priced luxury sedan.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.