2005 Volvo XC70 Consumer Review: Tried and True Workhorse

2005 Volvo XC70 - Consumer Review

Tried and True Workhorse
By Bob on

2005 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchased a 2005 Volvo XC 70 to replace my 2002 XC70 CC. It is virtually same car, but with smoother performance and ride. The transmission on my 2002 broke down at around 28,000 miles, but I purchased another one anyway. This is a great wagon. It is very dependable and fun do drive. The outside visability problems that I expereiced with my 2002 have been corrected to a degree. This model's response, including turbo, is smoother than in 2002 was and the transmission definitely works better. It has great pickup and hugs the road. Its perfect for snowy weather. I can drive with no problem in weather that forces other 4WD off the road. Overall, this is a good car even for the slightly lofty price.

Turbo; traction control; interior

Not sure how you would remove them but there are serious and dangerous blind spots remaining - e.g., backing (although the park assist helps), merging onto a 45-degree angle road, behind the auto-dim rv mirror, etc.