2005 Volvo XC70 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )
My First Volvo
By Gloria Newton on 12/15/04 20:12 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have now had my Volvo XC70 for two months. It replaced my longstanding love of Jeeps. I feel completely safe with the AWD and the interior and ride are superior. The car is extremely well appointed and comfortable with many extras as well as many safety features not standard on other vehicles.

Tried and True Workhorse
By Bob on 12/15/04 15:11 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchased a 2005 Volvo XC 70 to replace my 2002 XC70 CC. It is virtually same car, but with smoother performance and ride. The transmission on my 2002 broke down at around 28,000 miles, but I purchased another one anyway. This is a great wagon. It is very dependable and fun do drive. The outside visability problems that I expereiced with my 2002 have been corrected to a degree. This model's response, including turbo, is smoother than in 2002 was and the transmission definitely works better. It has great pickup and hugs the road. Its perfect for snowy weather. I can drive with no problem in weather that forces other 4WD off the road. Overall, this is a good car even for the slightly lofty price.

I Love the '05 XC 70
By gesteiger on 12/15/04 12:48 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The 2005 Volvo XC 70 handles well, and is comfortable to drive. I love the heated seats and dual climate control. I also like all of the great safety features, including the all- wheel drive. I will probably purchase another Volvo in about 15 years.

good wagon
By spotbearsd on 11/29/04 01:41 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Great deal w/ end of year discounts. A nice wagon w/ few faults. I've been very happy in the last few months. Only had to go into dealer for a loose suspension part and was given a loaner. Pirelli tires tramline on concrete freeways.. no real option to swap out due to odd size.

Great Combo
By kirk1 on 11/15/04 20:23 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought to replace a Range Rover, this vehicle has been superb. It has all the advantages of an SUV plus good handling, braking and reasonable mileage. I prefer it to the RR and my wife's Lexus.

Happy First Time Volvo Buyer
By rheeper on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had my XC 70 for 2 mths now, and very satisfied.

Love My Volvo
By EMVanRiper on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I chose the XC70 because of its versatility, reliability, and safety. It has met my expectations and then some. It has lots of room, all the amenities I want (but not those I do not want), has decent gas mileage, and is fun to drive for a wagon, especiall with the Geartronic transmission. My 3- year old son and our three Labs are the reasons why we need this type of vehicle. I used to drive an SUV, but prefer my AWD Volvo.

Precertified 2001 xc70
By nipper on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Love the spaciousness and interior quality. Super sound system!! drives well and feels very safe and hugs the road.

Good off road car
By Cross on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Cars Handeling is awsome, it can take me any where, i go skiing no problems there and also bush bashing and it does me well