2-Month Review
By R. Chester on
2005 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)
Have had my XC70 for about 2 months now. Gas mileage is better than our 2001 2WD Suburban, but at about 14MPG in town, it's less than I expected. (Did read another review saying it should improve after 5k miles). Quick & very fun to drive; handles great; smooth transmission. Front seats are VERY comfortable. Back has almost no legroom. I'm 6'4" and my 4-yr old son cannot sit behind me b/c there's NO legroom. Has great features like auto- up and down front windows; same with sunroof; cargo tray in rear; rain sensing wipers; Geartronic; trip computer; well laid out controls. Aluminum passenger grab bar gets HOT in sun. Not a good place for coins. My wife is coveting the car.
Favorite Features
Fun to drive; good looks; cargo capacity; trip computer (shows gas mileage; avg speed; etc). Multiple safety features: Side impact air bags; inflatable side curtain for front and back. Dealership experience was outstanding.
Suggested Improvements
Black plastic exterior trim is what gives the car its rugged good looks, but it's extremely difficult to keep clean due to its texture. More rear legroom would be nice as would larger center console.