2004 Volvo XC70 Consumer Review: I am in love with my car

2004 Volvo XC70 - Consumer Review

I am in love with my car
By tsumami on

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I recently was lucky enough to find a 2004 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD with only 71K miles , fully loaded and in near mint condition. I have driven Volvos in the past and have wanted another one for years, the XC70 has been on my wish list since that model became available. I was truly amazed by the fact that it handles like a sports car but has the practicality of a station wagon. It handles like a dream on bad roads and gets amazing fuel mileage for this type of vehicle. I recently took it on a road trip and got 31 mpg with the a/c on and driving 75 mph. It is obvious that the former owner took very good care of the vehicle so I was very lucky to find it.

Amazing acceleration with just a small tap of the accelerator, excellent fuel mileage for it's type, sports car handling, doors are still very solid for a 7 year old car, tight turning radius, comfortable ride and excellently equipped. Look forward to the heated front seats this winter and the excellent handling in bad weather. I was caught in a torrential downpour while driving it and it handled like a dream. The sound system is superb and being a bit older, it has CD and cassette. I also love the fact that it has all the excellent safety features that make Volvo famous. It is also wide enough that my drag queen shoulders do not touch my lumberjack sized husband's shoulders while driving.