2004 Volvo XC70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic - (73 reviews )
OSD and a great car
By XCRubyGal on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

First: be sure and buy your Volvo through their Over Seas Delivery program, you save $, they treat you like royality and you end up with a FANTASTIC car ! I love my XC, summer was great, now in the snow the AWD is wonderful, I feel so safe ! The seats are the most comfortable in the world. To me this car is a luxary car in the front and a very practical wagon in the back. The fit, finish, design, quality are all first rate. The only minor negatives I have so far are the Xenon lights (too dim) and the lack of USA 7 pin wiring for your trailer towing. Mileage could be better.

volvo2004awdwagon
By louieg on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Excellent choice if you are avoiding the suv. Extremely comfortable, yet rugged. Handles beautifully on dirt roads in the country and stylish in the city.

Volvo XC70
By midatlantic1700 on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Of the last four Volvo's we have owned this is the most versatile and fun to drive. Great car in any type of weather. The Volvo dealership is fantastic. All around very satisfied.

Hal's Volvo Cross Country
By Hal Yates on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

It was love at first drive when I picked up my XC at the factory in Gothenburg, Sweden.. We drove throughout Europe for 6 weeks and found it to be very responsive on narrow mountain roads as well as on the Autobahn. We just finished a cross USA trip from Washington to Virginia and back..in all types of road and weather conditions. Again it performed beautifully. Gas mileage was an average of 24.8. Overall, I give this vehicle a solit

Its a wagon... WOW
By JAF IV on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

It is the best cross over car/suv I have ever driven. I love the AWD and the handling is fantastic. The fact that it is a wagon is forgotten once you are behind the wheel.

Stellar
By Sussexgal on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My 2004 replaces a 203 that was totaled in an accident...the car was broadsided on the driver's side by a truck. The car SAVED my life. The safety features in this Volvo cannot be topped. Had I been driving a smaller, lighter weight car without side impact airbags I would not be here writing this to you today.

All in the family
By Jai25 on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is our first Volvo although other family members have over 100,000 miles on their Volvos. We've had the car for almost one month and so far so good. I have a long commute everyday and I like getting into this car and crusing home after 12 hours on campus. There's a nice safe secure feeling when you're inside the car. It's also one of the most recognizable cars on the road.

Compromise
By Whel on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After driving an SUV for five years I found this to be a great compromise. We still have the storage space & the allwheel drive ... but I now have an auto that's easier to park, smoother riding & much better looking.

XC70 Fun to Drive
By ErinMick11 on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I recently gave in and bought the car that I have always admired from afar....the Volvo XC 70. I can say without a doubt buying this car was the best car-buying decision I have ever made, I could not possibly be any more happier. Volvo thought of everything when they designed this vehicle from safety, comfort, and pure driving pleasure! I will definitely be a Volvo driver for life....

My first Volvo
By puff on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This fits me like a glove, there is nothing I don't like about this car!! Even the dogs like their cordoned off kennel in back.