Used 2004 Volvo XC70 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volvo Xc70 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic - (73 reviews )

My04
By XC70Geo

2004 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Well done Volvo. I'm very satisfied, it's fun to own this car. BSR PPC Tuning is the best choice.

GERMAN GONE SWEDE
By NATURAL JOCK

2004 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We've been looking for a good-looking SUVs but without the unnecessary bulk of most major SUVs. We traded one of our cars (AUDI A4 Quattro) for this new XC70 Volvo. We also considered the Lexus R330 and Volvo XC90. We found these latter two SUVs to be too tall/high for our "rescued" South Russian Sheepdog to jump in and out of the vehicle. We chose the XC70 because he is able to recline comfortably while in the car. The XC70's safety features also made us choose it over the Lexus R330. We would have chosen the XC90 but besides the "height" situation, we also found it a little "too feminine" looking :) Although I've seen quite a few women driving the XC70 here in the LA area.

Favorite Features

SAFETY, EXTERIOR FINISH, COMFORT, INTERIOR SPACE, AND IT'S REMARKABLE EASE OF DRIVE DESPITE OF IT'S SIZE---I actually prefer the driving quality on our new Volvo XC70 over our AUDI A4 quattro.

Suggested Improvements

FUEL ECONOMY, Automatic locking door, ease of use of the entertainment/music controls/functions, parking voice/warning assistance especially when parallel parking-should be a standard feature considering the length of this vehicle

lower front seats
By Kirbart

2004 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Great vehicle BUT the front seats r up to high and not much leg room in back. A/C not that cold.

Favorite Features

turbo & handling. Height of vehicle, so it's easy to get in & out of.

Suggested Improvements

LOWER the front seats mounting points!! More leg room in rear. Stronger A/C.

From Mercedes ML320 to Volvo XC
By Scout7

2004 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Loved the comfort and ride of this car. Went from Mercedes ML320 to this. Improved gas mileage, comfort and relability. The car handles great and has great creature comforts. Went for safety and proven track record and longevity. I feel I will get it in this car.

Favorite Features

I love the comfortable seats, dash layout and night time driveability. One of the best cars I have ever owned.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe locking doors once moving, CD status in dash display and gas cap holder like Mercedes.

Kid Again Feeling
By Scooters

2004 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Finally bought it.Always liked the XC70.My Wife and son were in an MVA recently in her Volvo S40 with an SUV and the S40 held up amazingly.Any other car in the S40 class would have yielded far more severe injuries. Volvo's safety is first class. We chose to replace the S40 with another Volvo, more family practical vehicle. As much as I enjoy my SUV, SUV's cannot compete with the XC70.Rides the way we all wish SUV's should.Accelerates, brakes& corners like many sedans.Feels as comfortable as many luxury vehicles.Great driving experience.And knowing that my wife and son are in one of the safest vehicles on the road, the best feeling. No SUV rollovers.

Favorite Features

Comfort, every safety feature volvo incorporated into this vehicle, ground clearance, AWD, auto windshield wipers are cool, cargo space with wagon, look in and out, geartronic, rear seat vents, memory seats, color, 26 mpg, bought demo model and got incredible price with 5K mile.

Suggested Improvements

Rear window release, door lock in cargo area like my Ford Explorer, wish doors auto locked at 5mph (surprised with volvo emphasis on safety they don't have it), better center console, compass,