2004 Volvo XC70 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews 5

2004 Volvo XC70 - Consumer Reviews

Base Wagon (2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Base 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic - (73 reviews )
our third volvo
By tampafamily on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Wonderful Wagon! Easy to handle, grips the road, solid construction!

I love this car, but...
By strausz34 on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I love this car, but the fact is that it has broken down completely twice within two years. The first time, the entire engine block had to be replaced (under warranty, of course) - the second time it was a fan somewhere in the cooling system that causes serious overheating. Now that I got this out of the way - the car is generally excellent. Ride, acceleration, fuel consumption all great. vast amounts of luggage accommodated.

Volvo Survey
By Jose Alberto rosa-Su on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Comfortable, dependable, Safe and most important good looking wagon!!

Great but for one big thing....
By SWS on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

There is a bunch to like about the XC70. Great interior, comfort, safety, fit & finish & so on. The one piece that absolutely doesn't fit is the engine. The 5 cylinder is noisy and rough , simply inappropriate in a car that typically stickers out around $38K. Drop the drive train from my Acura TL-S into the Volvo and you have a home run. Why is Volvo married to that #$%&# 5 banger?

Great Value
By Carfan111 on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After 2 weeks, everything is great. Love the sure footed traction, handling and looks. Very utilitarian companion.

First time Volvo Owner
By WOE on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We traded in our BMW 528I with 127,000 miles on it. Our criteria was we wanted a vehicle to tow a trailer, and not be an SUV. We feel we found it with the XC70. It is rated to tow up to 3500 lbs, which is more than we ever will. We have only had it a couple of days, and it took a lot to get us from BMW, we hope this is the right choice.

A True Joy
By dvalls on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is Volvo's best wagon ever. There is no road noice at all, it handles exceptionally well, and all the instruments are easy to see. The wagon is beautiful to look at and has a fabulous sound system. I can't say enough good things about this car.

Volvo XC70
By DMR on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is hands down the best vehicle I have ever owned. We chose Volvo because of their reputation for being so safe. I especially love the XC70 because I am only 5'2" and most SUV's are too big for me to handle. This car is the perfect match for me. I sit up higher than I do in a regular car, I have the back room of an SUV, and I don't have to worry about rollover issues. Plus the AWD is great!

Our second XC
By 01XC/Volvo forever on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife bought a new Cross Country in 1999, it now has 67,000 miles on it. I liked it so much I bought a new one in 2001, which now has 38,000 miles. Initial purchase price on these cars was more than we were used to paying for a car. However, they are absolutely the best cars we have ever owned. No problems whatsoever. I believe that they are a bargain. Factoring in safety, comfort, performance and build quality, there is nothing else made that comes close. We have taken 4 trips to Florida, 3000 miles round trip each time. These cars are excellent long distance cruisers.

my favorite wagon
By sindell on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

look forward to driving this vehicle.it has great road feel, stability,enough pick-up for street and highway driving. far surpasses my BMW 528 wagon for all weather driving! your rating is too low.