2004 Volvo XC70 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic - (73 reviews )
2004 Volvo XC70 review
By jplym49 on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had my XC70 2 months, & the more I drive it, the more I enjoy it. Excellent fit and finish. Great visibility, and very comfortable seating. I am surprised that there are not more of these on the road. This car is a keeper!

an ok car
By progger7 on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a truly great vehicle for my needs. I bought the car mostly for safety as we just started a family. But I also prefer the wagon to an SUV.This is a truly great vehicle for my needs. I bought the car mostly for safety as we just started a family. But I also prefer the wagon to an SUV.This is a truly great vehicle for my needs. I bought the car mostly for safety as we just started a family. But I also prefer the wagon to an SUV.This is a truly great vehicle for my needs. I bought the car mostly for safety as we just started a family. But I also prefer the wagon to an SUV.This is a truly great vehicle for my needs. I bought the car mostly for safety a

Excellent Volvo
By volvoluver on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This car rides beautifully! We have the 3rd seat which is great when we have other kids in tow. The only thing I would like to see different is Volvo needs to build a similar model that is either a hybrid or gets better gas mileage. We do a majority of city driving and average 23 mpg. Also, noise level of ride is almost as comparable as an SUV, but we have the AWD.

Jamie McBride
By Jamie McBride on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I love my volvo. I feel so safe driving it. I have two small children and they love our car two. When they have friends stay over we have the third row seating so extra seating room. It is great. The only thing I do not like about the car is the soccer mom look of the exterior. I wish the bumper was not wrapped in the plastic look either

Love It!
By RRRatman on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is one incredible vehicle. Indiana to British Columbia via the Northwest and back through the Southwest; to Florida via North Carolina's Outer Banks and back; then round trip to Canada's Martitme Provinces and all this within 14 months; not a single problem 12,000 foot mountains and 118 degree deserts did not budge the engine heat indicator off of normal; gets 29.4 mpg @ 65 mph; superb seats; the turbo 5 more than matches any V8 ever owned (including the 60's powerhouses); it's like driving a Bradley Fighting Vehicle with agility and comfort.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Pye on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Awesome, totally awesome! This car has been a dream from day 1! Rides great, fun to drive, trouble free, excellent safety features. Volvo XC rules!

love the xc70
By drbones on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

a reliable safe wagon. great for new england winters. awd but good mileage too

Warning: Read this BEFORE you buy
By ssears on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchased a new 2003 Volvo. Had problems within months of owning it. First it was the keyless entry, then the emissions light, then the dome light when on when driving over a bump in the road. The last straw was an oil pan leak and engine problems. For spending $40K, this car was a piece of junk. I traded it for what I have always know to be reliable a Honda!

Love my V70 XC
By LuvMyXC on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is the third Volvo that we have owned and is by far the favorite of all three. I don't think I will ever buy anything else but a Volvo, if for nothing else the safety features. I drive a very crazy, interstate highway everyday and it's nice to know that should I be involved in a serious accident, there is a high probability that I will survive it. Although not a "luxury car" there are enough really nice features on the V70XC to make it comfortable and a dream to drive. I average around 22 mpg and use ONLY 93 octane fuel. So far, we have experienced absolutley no problems with this car and couldn't be happier with our purchase. 5 stars for Volvo!

Why I like my Volvo...
By Skittles on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have been very pleased with my XC70! I need my car to be able to handle well in the mountains and on the highway, and it does both very well. It grips the road for great control on wet or dry pavement, plus has great brakes and very good acceleration at high speeds. I often have 6'+ friends in the car and I'm able to fit 3 of them in easily. Also, the solid construction allows for a quiet ride and the seats are very comfortable!