Used 2004 Volvo XC70 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volvo XC70 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic - (74 reviews )

Best car I have ever owned!
By shiner42

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have always loved the way the XC70 has looked. Even now that I have owned it for about 10 years it still looks new. Yes I have taken care of the paint and plastic on the exterior. Yes I have tried to take care of the inside to. Yet I lived for three years where it got to 40 degrees below zero. The paint... Looks like new. Other than a few dings and scratches it looks great. The interior looks great except for the driver seat. I tried to take care of it with regular cleaning and conditioning but the leather cracked and now has holes in it. But other than that it survived the brutile winters. The all wheel drive is second to none. Made it to placeses even jeeps could not go. Great vehicle.

All wheel drive, seat comfort,friends being surprised by how far it could male it off road, how many accidents it helped me miss

Gas pump stared leaking at 90000 miles and was told it was not warranty work for Colorado bit was in other states. Good thing there is a cap under the backseat for an easy fix.

do not buy this car . beware it is deadly dangerous.
By goodbye

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

i own an 850@450,000 km. needed 2nd car, found a 2004 XC70@65,000 from Volvo dealership. thinking this is going to be great.

lots of leg room , nice leather, before all the electrical problems awesome in bad weather. i was so proud of my car . my dream car was the XC70. i am so sad this happened. when i bought it i thought this is going to be my car forever . i thought i would never have to buy another car. i have never been sad about a car before. i never write reviews. this car almost killed me more than once. i was scared when my wife drove it with the kids in it. i had to get rid of it to have piece of mind.

recycle it.

I am in love with my car
By tsumami

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I recently was lucky enough to find a 2004 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD with only 71K miles , fully loaded and in near mint condition. I have driven Volvos in the past and have wanted another one for years, the XC70 has been on my wish list since that model became available. I was truly amazed by the fact that it handles like a sports car but has the practicality of a station wagon. It handles like a dream on bad roads and gets amazing fuel mileage for this type of vehicle. I recently took it on a road trip and got 31 mpg with the a/c on and driving 75 mph. It is obvious that the former owner took very good care of the vehicle so I was very lucky to find it.

Amazing acceleration with just a small tap of the accelerator, excellent fuel mileage for it's type, sports car handling, doors are still very solid for a 7 year old car, tight turning radius, comfortable ride and excellently equipped. Look forward to the heated front seats this winter and the excellent handling in bad weather. I was caught in a torrential downpour while driving it and it handled like a dream. The sound system is superb and being a bit older, it has CD and cassette. I also love the fact that it has all the excellent safety features that make Volvo famous. It is also wide enough that my drag queen shoulders do not touch my lumberjack sized husband's shoulders while driving.

What a great Car
By Kevin

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I was looking for a decent used AWD car for the winter. I purchased this XC70 and I'm totally blown away. I like this 2004 XC70 better than my New 2009 Honda accord. Wish i had bought a volvo sooner..XC70 wagon is a great addition..

AWD, The turbo engine, Auto wippers, Seat are rediculously comfortable.

The fadding of trim..

Great Car
By papatony

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought it used with 92kmiles. This car is probably the best I have owned (VW, BMW, Toyota, Honda and Infiniti). The key is that it is a car that can be everything (sports car, station wagon, SUV, etc.). It drive fantastic and gives you a great sense of comfort and safety. It grips the road and goes. In the big snowstorm we just had, it sped forward regardless of the amount of snow on the road.

Safety, comfort, stability, style, space.

Mileage could/should be better.