2003 Volvo XC70 Consumer Review: Those dog gone Swedes :)

2003 Volvo XC70 - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Those dog gone Swedes :)
By Jim Miller on

2003 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I now have 6000 miles on the car and other than an intial problem with an axle flange I have been one happy camper. I have had an opportunity to drive it a bit in a farmer's field and although it is not my wife's Grand Cherokee, it is more than adequate for minor off road use. The A/C system is one of the best I have ever used. The only short coming that I have had with the car is handling. I traded in a sports sedan and although the cross country is no slouch, it definitely is not a sports sedan!

The best feature is the comfort of the seats, I have never had a car with this much comfort. I also enjoy the small thought out features i.e. when the fill windshield washer light comes on, the reservoir is down a full gallon.

It would be nice if the car ran on 89 fuel. I find that I am always filling the car with 93 octane, this just seems like a waste. Get rid of the Pirelli Scorpions, they are just not up to the caliber of the rest of the car.