2003 Volvo XC70 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - My 03 XC/70

2003 Volvo XC70 Wagon - Consumer Review

My 03 XC/70
By VersitileTransport on

2003 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

2nd owner, got the dealer history before I purchased...no major problems to start. Added heavy duty sways & end links (really helps handling), cool-air intake, chipped it, 3" down pipe, race-cat and 3" all the way back. It's now a fast, TURBO, versatile SUV. I can beat most any ricer before it get crazy and ride in style, haul my drums in any weather. SAFE! Flush your trans now, change oil every 3k, change timing belt, pinion gear oil. Do as much schedule maint. as you can yourself. Check underneath for leaks, don't ignore warning lights. Better yet get a code reader. I've had my share of little PIA stuff but nothing I can't learn to handle. Stay away from the stealership!

Favorite Features

Sunroof and Stock Stereo (add an iPod kit) Mostly a well built car but some components wear out to quickly. Mostly suspension-related stuff. Flush your Trans Now!

Suggested Improvements

Software is tool critical to even simplest of systems. You/Dealers are slaves to the Mother Ship/Volvo. Did I say FLUSH YOUR TRANS NOW YET!