Used 2003 Volvo XC70 Wagon Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Volvo XC70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2003 Volvo XC70 Wagon

Base 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic - (54 reviews )

160,000 and counting!
By Jason

2003 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought new-ish in 2004 with 2600miles, normal up keep and maintenance. No real issues 'till about 94,000miles; some electrical bug hit and took 3 trip to Volvo to get it right. People, change your fluids and do the recommended maintenance on your vehicle and you should have no real issues. I have 164,382 miles as I write this. My wife & I will be getting another XC70 after tax returns, we will keep this one for our daughter's first car.

Love my XC70, can be expensive though
By James Kaufman

2003 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My father bought the car in 2007 for about $18000 with 60,000 miles on it. Personally, I love the car; it starts every key turn and is great in the snow. If you give it enough gas she will really get moving too! clocked about 0-60 in 8 seconds, not bad for 190,000 miles that it has today. the car is also super comfortable, leather seats and heating makes any drive awesome. The issues I have with the car are that we bought it used and the repairs. The previous owner towed with the car so we needed to replace odd things like the bevel gear. Since it is so old, it needs repairs quite often which are usually several hundred dollars. In conclusion, the car is really fun to drive, safe, can be $$$

Leather seats, Gear select mode, Heated seats, Hatchback, Tire in trunk, the engine :), leather searing wheel, sound system, really strong frame, AWD, overall handling and much more

The car should have a more fuel efficient engine, but keep the build quality top notch. Larger transmission than 5 gears. Better AC, Volvo AC always breaks. Less expensive to repair and overall less repairs.

NEVER AGAIN!
By NYArtist

2003 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I just purchased a 2003 XC with 130,000 miles. I have loved my 93 volvo wagon but decided it was time for something new. The mechanic checked it out but the fist day I drove it, today, the car wouldn't start. Low Engine Response. I may need a new engine. This is a the mother of all car nightmares. Never again Volvo. I'm done with you!

There are no favorite features. I get pain behind my knees driving this car and now a bulb that was just fixed broke again and the engine is no good. This car stinks.

Don't buy Volvo anymore. They are sliding on past reputation.

comfort
By saad

2003 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

nice to drive it had 63,000.00 mile. since i drove another 50,000.00 mile lovlely at snow . small miner repair here and there. they never more than $400.00 ayear. well if the car more than 5 yr. thats is normal. I will keep the car another 5yr untill is 200,000.00

mpg it does 26 mpg heating coolng Interior Design

better bulub I change 4 bulb

My 03 XC/70
By VersitileTransport

2003 Volvo XC70 Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

2nd owner, got the dealer history before I purchased...no major problems to start. Added heavy duty sways & end links (really helps handling), cool-air intake, chipped it, 3" down pipe, race-cat and 3" all the way back. It's now a fast, TURBO, versatile SUV. I can beat most any ricer before it get crazy and ride in style, haul my drums in any weather. SAFE! Flush your trans now, change oil every 3k, change timing belt, pinion gear oil. Do as much schedule maint. as you can yourself. Check underneath for leaks, don't ignore warning lights. Better yet get a code reader. I've had my share of little PIA stuff but nothing I can't learn to handle. Stay away from the stealership!

Sunroof and Stock Stereo (add an iPod kit) Mostly a well built car but some components wear out to quickly. Mostly suspension-related stuff. Flush your Trans Now!

Software is tool critical to even simplest of systems. You/Dealers are slaves to the Mother Ship/Volvo. Did I say FLUSH YOUR TRANS NOW YET!