2015 Volvo XC60 SUV Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Good for family with only 1 child
By Talia

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV T5 Premier 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a 2016 XC60 this past December since I had a brand new baby and felt we needed a SUV for safety. The SUV is overall very safe im sure but the accessibility of the backseat is ridiculous. I cannot tell you how many times ive hit my head trying to maneuver my sons car seat into the middle seat. The only way you can easily get a car seat in the backseat is if you move either the driver seat or the passenger seat forward almost completely. My husband is 6'1" so if he is driving you may as well count the driver side of the car out in terms of being able to put a baby into the back. For the amount of money we paid for the vehicle i assumed the backseat would be comfortable which it is not for an adult. I am only 5'4" and am incredibly uncomfortable when i sit in the backseat with my son, to the point where you have to sit sideways because your legs have practically no room. I feel this is a HUGE design flaw on Volvo's part! If you only have 1 child and don't count on having any more then this is the car for you. However if you plan on having more kids good luck to them being comfortable in the back seat! I cannot wait until it is time to buy a new vehicle which is unfortunate because I heard such great things about Volvo's but probably will never buy another one again!

Love My Car
By J Miller

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV T5 Drive-E 4dr SUV w/Prod. End 6/14 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought the 2015 Volvo XC60 as a demo with low miles about six weeks ago and I really like it. The ride is smooth and fast, and stereo system is crisp. I love the rain sensor, and I really appreciate all the safety features (parking assist, BLIS, rear camera). There are a few things I would change about the interior design though. For example, the design of space for storage between the front seats is not very practical. The cup holders are also positioned so that can they interfere with the gearshift. The navigation/sensor software is functional but not very intuitive, especially compared to systems in other luxury brands. Overall though, I am happy with my purchase.

Best luxury SUV ever
By Shon Johnson

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 Platinum 4dr SUV AWD w/Prod. End 6/14 (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at several luxury crossover vehicles before buying the XC60. This is my second Volvo (my first being a S40 ) and I didn't think that I would love it as much as I did my S40 but Wow is all I can say! I thought a Volvo SUV would be boring and too old-fashioned but I was wrong. I would buy this 2015.5 again and again. I love running errands and taking long drives because it great on gas mileage and it is so nice to look at both inside and outside. Another plus is that it doesn't sit so high off the ground that you have to hoist yourself up just to get in like my Expedition. This XC60 is the perfect size.

Outstanding
By Fred

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 Platinum 4dr SUV AWD w/Prod. End 6/14 (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Best car I have ever owned and at 72 I have owned a lot.

Utilitarian luxury
By ToddW

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 Platinum 4dr SUV AWD w/Prod. End 6/14 (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We have the Platinum T5 e-drive and it's different than any other car I've been in. The interface for radio and ac and tech is somewhat simple, but the car has fantastic safety tech, and the simple interface is nice. You turn a dial to adjust the temperature, you don't scroll through your touch screen. Turning safety features on and off is simple, there are dedicated buttons, and the adjustments and customizing for those features is made using the screen when you're not driving.
I actually bought this for my daughter. I had narrowed it down the Honda/Acura and the Subarus due to their great active safety features, but sprung for the Volvo since it's safer and just nicer in a lot of ways.
Interestingly, you'll find the Subaru scores higher on active braking because it triggers auto braking earlier and stops you completely when approaching a car at 25mph. With this Volvo, you'd still hit the car, but at a slow speed. What the IIHS testing doesn't tell you when it compares these systems, is that Volvo uses both radar and a camera. The Subaru uses a camera that can easily be blinded if you are driving into the sun. The Subaru does warn you the collision avoidance system can't "see", but the Volvo simply doesn't get blinded. I prefer that. It is also built a bit stronger, and seats you wonderfully. The honda and acura use "radar" too, and are very nice for the price.