2015 Volvo XC60 T5 Drive-E SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Sort Reviews by

All-around Family SUV
By very41

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

iI never regret to buy this car. There is nothing I disliked about this car! Engine is powerful, handling is more than enough from me (don't usually drive on the rural roads, so don't do sharp turns). Fuel Economy is not a strong suit, but it is well above 22mpg for mine, which is not bad at all for a turbocharged V6 engine. Interior design is elegant, I got black dash with creme leather, also a contrast color steering wheel which I love, the infotainment system is well designed, no stupid touch screen, and I love buttons, it's just so easy to use! Also, there are many little features that make you happy about this car, such as the interior lighting while driving and a lot more.

Favorite Features

Strong Turbocharged V6 Engine; Spacious interior; phone app remote start/stop engine; quiet cabin; stupidly comfortable seats; easy to use infotainment system

Suggested Improvements

the cargo could be better designed like the new japanese SUVs that have the divided spaces to store things. Windshield wiper cannot be lifted for snow, and hard to change, the brake light in the middle will be block if snow exists.

Very happy with XC60 T5 after 6 months.....
By cmvolz

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV T5 Drive-E 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We downsized from our XC90 to the XC60 T5. I was apprehensive going from an AWD platform to the FWD. But thus far the XC60 T5 has been just terrific to drive, extremely responsive, fuel economy as advertised and the turbo makes it quite the pocket rocket. Lots of compliments too. Dealer has been great. This is our seventh (7th) Volvo over the years and the XC90 is the most fun Volvo yet.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a bit more storage room in the front area.

Best car out of the 15 I've ever owned
By pranner

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV T5 Drive-E 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Our T5 is the perfect combination of what I want in a family vehicle: Outstanding fuel economy for this size/weight of a vehicle, perfectly comfortable for long road trips, great power when you need it. All of this in a premium but understated, unpretentious package.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy: 27 mpg average for mostly city. 32+ on recent 1,500 mile road trip at speed limit +8 mph. ACC is truly cruise-control! Set it and forget it. Never have to brake or touch gas pedal for hours even for annoying drivers who don't recognize the left lane is a passing lane. Major stress-reduction feature! Volvo On Call app that allows me to search for locations on my iPhone and send them remotely to the nav. Sport seats are very comfortable and supportive. 8-speed tranny is very entertaining when I want to drive sportily. Few on the road, more exclusive than Q5, X3, RX350 yet unpretentious.

Suggested Improvements

More interior storage cubbies. Silly small speed readout when traveling abroad... I wish you could change the main speedometer from mph-km/h as almost every other manufacturers have ever done when equipped with digital gauges. Next software update? Let's hope so.

First and Definitely Last Volvo
By chas16066

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD w/Prod. End 6/14 (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Safety features are outstanding, but after driving car for 2 months, each day is as frustrating as the last in how poorly designed the interior is. Virtually no place to store things. In order to reach something easily (while driving), it has to be in one of the two cup holders. Bluetooth and iPod functionality is unintuitive. I have had to memorize exactly what will work when, which has relieved some of that frustration. Lots of reviewers praise the comfort; it has been more comfortable than Toyota Highlander, but not by much. Most frustrating : the poor service of ONLY Volvo dealer in my area. Not having a choice for service has been a major mistake.

Favorite Features

Adaptive cruise control & BLIS

Suggested Improvements

Redesign front seat to have driver-friendly storage. Almost impossible to reach into center console or door pocket.

Best car I've ever owned, best new car experience
By floridamd

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV T5 Drive-E 4dr SUV w/Prod. End 6/14 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The more I found out about the Volvo XC 60 the more impressed I was, to the point that I got two. The price was considerably lower than comparable vehicles. The Volvo XC 60 has the most comfortable seats of any vehicle I've ever driven. Its safety features were top of the line. It had all the options I could get from other vehicles, and more. I listen to educational and music CD's and only with the Volvo could I replay a section I wanted to hear again. This feature used to be available in most vehicles, only Volvo kept it. A customer service rep emails me regularly, making sure all my questions and issues are handled.

Favorite Features

The comfortable seats, the safety features. Recently drove the Blue Ridge Parkway, vehicle drove like a sports car, allowing me to pass quickly and safely when needed. Excellent acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

The external thermometer is not accurate, I was told by the dealer that its used primarily in cold weather. The owners manual needs a better index. The navigation manual needs an overhaul, the navigation itself is good, the manual is terrible. Once the computer and navigation are learned its great.