2015 Volvo XC60 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Second Volvo and Even Happier
By Lisa

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV T5 Drive-E Platinum 4dr SUV w/Prod. End 6/14 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my second Volvo and I traded in my Volvo S60 to buy the XC60. I was looking for more space without sacrificing good looks and performance. I love the XC60. Volvo makes a great quality product for a good price. And since the car takes 87 octane and 5 years free maintenance, the cost of ownership is really good. Also the service department at the dealership that I purchased both my Volvos from is phenomenal. The service staff is very professional and always helpful. I would encourage anyone in the market for a car to take a look at the Volvo.

Steamn in STL
By susan

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV T5 Drive-E Premier Plus 4dr SUV w/Prod. End 6/14 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought My 2015.5 Volvo xc60 January of 2015, July 2015 transmission goes out completely........no accidents or rough terrain or mishandling of the vehicle in any way. Computer has had several glitches generating problem messages regarding functions in the vehicle. Cars in the shop at present. I have traditionally kept my vehicles and maintained them for years after purchase. I don't see that happening with my Volvo. Instead I am looking into lemon laws for my state. we shall see how warranty/dealer takes care of this and future potential problems In any case I would " steer clear " of this Volvo for sure.

Best seats ever, buy this SUV for the seats alone
By erikn206

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design Platinum 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Go on one good long drive in this Volvo and you'll see why this car is a great deal, being cheaper than luxury cars, but a step up from your standard choices. The seats aren't noticeably different from other cars until you get up after a long drive and realize how much better you feel than if you were sitting in a normal car that long. I bought an R-Design for the looks and it has a ridiculous amount of power. I have also driven non-R-design versions and they are also quite good and much cheaper. Note that you do get the occasional false alarm from the forward collision warning system, but I'd rather have one or two false alarms then get in a collision.

Very supportive seats Lots of room Excellent in the snow Heavy enough to ride well on rutted highways and neglected city streets

I'd like a small bin in front of the gear lever instead of behind the radio knobs

Love the car when it's not in the shop...
By mustang4305

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design Platinum 4dr SUV AWD w/Prod. End 6/14 (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought a new XC60 R-Design in June of 2014 and have had nothing but problems since...it has been in the shop every 3-4 weeks with problem after problem. Everything from the suspension to the steering to the electrical has been an issue. We love the design and the build quality but this car has been a lemon.

We feel the car is solid and drives nicely when it is not in the shop.

Volvo clearly needs to work on their quality control and their process for returning problem vehicles. Also the navigation display is in need of updating and the menus for vehicle settings are much too complicated.

Great Car... Horrible support from Volvo
By doktor

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV T5 Drive-E Premier 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I purchase a 2015.5 XC-60 4 cylinder turbo charged vehicle in February. The vehicle is great... Unfortunately, Volvo support is awful. The XC-60 comes with a print manual of about 200 pages and there is an on-line manual of 400 pages. Sadly, the manuals are either wrong or incomplete for many of the features. No mention of multiple dashboards, no mention of setting mpg vs instant mpg, low pressure tire indicator directions are wrong, no mention of how to collapse the back seat.... I could go on. The arrogance: I called Volvo and the young woman told me Volvo never changes their manuals once they are printed. I asked:"even on line". No never, more than $40K: this is customer service?

Love the vehicle... my third Volvo. Obviously, now that it is Chinese owned service no longer exists.

The dealers are great. They are also puzzled and apologetic about Volvo USA. If you aren't going to support your vehicles, stop selling them in the U.S.