Volvo XC60 T6 AWD
By bullvo2 on
2014 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
I have owned the XC60 for over 2 months -- 300 HP turbo 6-cyl, AWD model. It is super quick. The AWD worked beautifully in the snow. It handles very precisely, feels rock solid, and I like the ride quality. The car is very comfortable for tall people, with plenty of leg and head room even with the sunroof. I'm 6'6" so finding a comfortable midsize car can be a challenge. I also liked the Acura RDX but found it was not as well set up for tall drivers.
Favorite Features
Perfect 5-star crash ratings Performance with turbo 6 engine Excellent comfort for tall drivers Overall solid feel and build quality Regular 87 octane Kids love the heated rear seats Styling and Swedish design aesthetics Automatic "city safety" braking system - luckily I have not needed it yet. Seemed like a better value than comparable Audi Q5 Reliability: Too early to say.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel economy is just so-so, but this comes with the 300 HP engine and AWD. I'm doing a little better than the EPA estimate. If MPG a big issue for you and you can live with less horsepower you may want to look at the base engine or better yet the new supercharged and turbocharged 4 cylinders starting 2015. Navigating menu can be tricky and touchy, with a slight lag between input and response