I want my S60 T6 back...
By abmwfan on
2013 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
I traded my 2012 S60 T6 (with Polestar Mod) for a 2013 XC60 R-Design after seeing a beautiful Cosmic White XC-60 on the showroom floor. The S60 and XC60 share many components, especially the interior, and I thought I would get about the the same comfort and fun to drive in a more versatile vehicle. I was wrong. If, like me, you are smitten by Volvo's beautiful R-Designs, make sure you spend time in those "special R-Design sport seats" to make sure you can get comfortable. Volvo just doesn't do sport seats right. For a company that's known for its superb seat comfort, that is a big disappointment. My S60 fit like a glove and was superbly comfortable. I want it back.
Favorite Features
The R-Design suspension mods improve the ride quality, which is smoother than other Volvos. This is a superb highway cruiser with a quiet, composed ride that is firm, but never harsh. Steering weight and road feedback are good. The exterior trim eliminates the black plastic bits and looks more upscale. The interior is just as appealing with the usual Volvo/Swedish simplicity and elegance. The R-Design trim package's increased hp/torque, improved suspension and steering, larger wheels, better leather, perforated leather steering wheel and so forth are worth the price, which was barely more than a comparably equipped XC-60 T6. The relative rarity and special colors are nice too.
Suggested Improvements
The seats are beautiful, but not so nice to sit in. I've been searching for a just-right position for 2 months. There's no support for the driver's right side. The center console that works great in the S60 isn't high enough in this SUV. The armrest is too low to use and my right leg rubs against the hard edge of the console trim instead of padding. Volvo electronics are annoying. Pop-ups constantly block access to other functions. After turning on/off the sound, why do I need a pop-up to tell me that pushing the power button turns off the sound? The radio comes on every time you start the car, even when sound was previously off. The Navigation is useless except around major highways.