2013 Volvo XC60 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:
Pretty but full of problems
By weseaunhappy on 10/11/13 15:50 PM (PDT)

2013 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Second XC-60 (should have learned lesson on the first one). Less than 2 months old and been to shop 5 times already. Last car should have been officially labeled lemon. This one, not quite as serious, but nonetheless time consuming for me. No compensation from Volvo for all my time and gas spent going to shop over and over and over. Even complaints to corporate Volvo get nowhere - they just repeat the misinformation the service dept spreads. How many times do you have to take a car in for the same problem? Anyway, I will never buy another Volvo. Too bad, it was pretty and fun to drive. Just wish the problems didn't persist.

WOW this is a great car, fast fast fast
By xc60rchicago on 10/05/13 19:26 PM (PDT)

2013 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

8 days old today, fast grips like its on rails safe and easy to drive, feels big but its not, our 5 year old daughter loves the car as she can see out the panorama sun roof, auto climate is easy to use, do i have buyers remorse No i would buy again, i traded an 4 year old M3 and this drives better and feels stronger

Great All-Around SUV for the family
By dcraider on 09/04/13 08:25 AM (PDT)

2013 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The XC60 was a great compromise for value and features including, of course, safety for my new family. The cargo handling is great as we have a dog, and car really achieves both form and safety pretty seamless and gives us the feeling of both comfort and zippy performance on the highway. This car really kicks and has smooth power throughout all stages of driving (highway, local, cruising, etc.). We looked at most of the other SUV's and chose this one on value (which is hard to say given they all are upwards of +mid-30's when well equipped.

23,417 of 46,884 people found this review helpful
Best Luxury SUV For the Money
By rudycassap on 03/29/13 21:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I was hesitant to lease a Volvo XC60 AWD T6 since they are never mentioned in car magazines. All my friends leased Mercedes ML350s for their wives and some complained about the car driving like a Jeep Cherokee with a better interior (I guess it goes back to Daimler owning Chrysler). When I drove the car and got some feedback from the Culver City Volvo, my concerns were gone. The turbos are water-cooled and are just for the lower rpm, not like the high pressure turbos in Audi and VW that make the engine last less than 50k miles and no need to oil cool them by idling the car for 60 seconds before turning it off. The automatic braking feature for emergency is incredible for L.A. traffic. The

XC60 - Lookin' good
By cerebus1 on 03/15/13 05:19 AM (PDT)

2013 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my wife her new 2013 XC60 about a month ago. About six months ago I had purchased myself a 2013 Acura RDX. Boy, am I jealous. The Volvo was more expensive, but it is a much better vehicle.

Scandanavian delight
By jbaril on 02/07/13 13:57 PM (PST)

2013 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Though I wish I could have plumped for a Platinum or R-Design version, my SUV, which has Climate and Tailgate packages, as well as remote start, will do just fine. The only thing I really will miss is Homelink and possibly the fog lamps. And, aesthetically, the wood on the center console would have been nice. Car is very comfortable. Sport mode is eager and even more so when the DTSC is turned off. Wow! Quick! Heading to the mountains and snow this weekend!

Best car I’ve ever owned - great for road trips.
By keepeyesopen on 12/23/12 19:43 PM (PST)

2013 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in a 2010 Honda CRV EX-L for the 2013 Volvo XC60 T6 Platinum. Big difference! The XC60 is far more quiet, smooth and powerful. The quietness and seat comfort contributed to a very comfortable 10-hour road trip. There is plenty of power for passing and merging. The blind spot warning system works well. The navigation system responds well to voice commands, and the bluetooth integration with both Android and iPhones is excellent. The navigation system, radio and media controls on the steering wheel are easy to use after a short learning period. One unexpected finding was the seat comfort. This is hard to appreciate on a short test drive, but apparent on long trips.

First Impression - Great ride!
By temsmedic on 10/28/12 11:37 AM (PDT)

2013 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Wow, what a change, moving from a Honda Civic Hybrid! I know that the 300 hp is going to get me into trouble! I REALLY miss the large digital speed display on my Honda, because I REALLY need to keep an eye on my speed with this thing! It is way too easy to get up and moving above the speed limit I had a great experience purchasing it from Sandberg Volvo, after my local dealer wouldn't match the USAA price, and Sandberg gave me an interest rate 1/2 of USAA's. I was a bit worried about the poor reviews of the digital interface, but I find it easy to use, EXCEPT the nav system is not as easy to use as Garmin. I still can't find a way to pull up stored waypoints,

I want my S60 T6 back...
By abmwfan on 07/23/12 15:32 PM (PDT)

2013 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded my 2012 S60 T6 (with Polestar Mod) for a 2013 XC60 R-Design after seeing a beautiful Cosmic White XC-60 on the showroom floor. The S60 and XC60 share many components, especially the interior, and I thought I would get about the the same comfort and fun to drive in a more versatile vehicle. I was wrong. If, like me, you are smitten by Volvo's beautiful R-Designs, make sure you spend time in those "special R-Design sport seats" to make sure you can get comfortable. Volvo just doesn't do sport seats right. For a company that's known for its superb seat comfort, that is a big disappointment. My S60 fit like a glove and was superbly comfortable. I want it back.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Volvo XC60 Suv in VA is:

$124 per month*