Used 2013 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

LOVE IT
By Suzanne Morrison

2013 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I don't get how the value dropped by $10K in 2 years. When I bought it there was one in S.F. for $54K and I paid $33K. It's appraising at $23K now. Other than that I LOVE IT. I have a 2000 S80 with 250,000 miles and it's still running strong. My only complaint is that everyone thinks I'm driving with my brights on. VOLVO's are the best.

Volvo xc 60
By Sheila Molina

2013 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

What did I get myself into?
By David

2013 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a 2013 Volvo XC60 3.0L V6 Turbo. I love how fast the car drives however, I've owned the car for 6 months and its been in the shop 4x since. There was an issue with the alignment but that was resolved (I had to take it to the dealer because when I took it to firestone 2x in 2 different states the car still didn't drive straight). I then had a problem where the car would not read most of my audio files on my usb, and then if there was a whole folder that it couldn't read it would completely stop working and I needed to stop the car and turn it off and on, (sometimes that didn't resolve the issue) that issue came back 2 more times since. I've had to replace the rotors twice already. It's almost as if they make them out of plastic. I had replace them because they warped, it made the steering wheel shake violently when I went 45 mph or faster. The car is a very rough ride, so if you have back issues I would look at something else. I drove for 11 hours and by the time we got to our destination it felt like somebody took a baseball bat to my back. I was looking for a reliable AWD vehicle because I live where there is a ton of snow and ice, also the closest Volvo shop is 4 hours away so I can't exactly pop in if I have an issue. This car is not that! I don't hate everything about the car, I love how stable it is at high speeds. I live where the speed limits are 80 mph and with this car passing is no issue. When you put your foot to the floor, the car goes into cheetah mode and takes off. Its AWD system is not the best, with its 60(front)/40(back) split. My sister has an 2013 Outback and that cars AWD system is a lot better than the Volvo's, hands down. The BLIS package has some issues, it gives you false readings quiet often, that being said it saved me a few times. I have LED headlights that have the active bending feature which helps when driving at night through passes. I like this cars parking sensors, they've saved me countless times. I get 17-18 mpg around town, and 19-20 mpg on the highway however, I do have a heavy foot. I can deal with most of the issues this car has but, the rotors anger me every time I think about them. So the question is would I buy this car if I knew everything I know now? My answer most likely would be no. My reasoning is mainly that the rotors are expensive and putting down that much money so often is problematic. Not mentioning how much time this takes, last time it took the dealership 5 days to replace them. So if you are a fan of back pain, and you have money to waste, and you have all the time in the world this car is the perfect car for you! I think next time I would rather buy a V6 Subaru Outback!

Not too shabby
By leprof

2013 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

After comparing and doing research for many months, I bought this car new mostly for the design (exterior and interior) and value. It is a very sharp looking little SUV, and for its class, it is reasonably priced! The Bluetooth and technology interface works perfectly, and I find the controls to be fairly easy to navigate. A couple of annoying things about it are the slow acceleration and some comfort issues. I am 6'4", and my leg rests against the sharp edge of the middle console too much. Overall, I like it a lot, and I have had no problems with it mechanically so far.

Design, interior, technology

Comfort and small things like making garage door opener standard in all trims

Pretty but full of problems
By weseaunhappy

2013 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Second XC-60 (should have learned lesson on the first one).
Less than 2 months old and been to shop 5 times already.
Last car should have been officially labeled lemon.
This one, not quite as serious, but nonetheless time consuming for me.
No compensation from Volvo for all my time and gas spent going to shop over and over and over.
Even complaints to corporate Volvo get nowhere - they just repeat the misinformation the service dept spreads.
How many times do you have to take a car in for the same problem?
Anyway, I will never buy another Volvo.
Too bad, it was pretty and fun to drive.
Just wish the problems didn't persist.

Visually pleasing inside and out. Has all features you might want and very reasonably priced for that. Handles well and the T6 has some good get up and go. Mileage is actually quite reasonable for this too.

Quality. I can't stress enough that things just don't work well. Electrical/Computer system issues that they can't seem to fix. Rattles that they can't seem to fix. Very unfortunate.