Used 2013 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Not too shabby
By leprof

2013 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

After comparing and doing research for many months, I bought this car new mostly for the design (exterior and interior) and value. It is a very sharp looking little SUV, and for its class, it is reasonably priced! The Bluetooth and technology interface works perfectly, and I find the controls to be fairly easy to navigate. A couple of annoying things about it are the slow acceleration and some comfort issues. I am 6'4", and my leg rests against the sharp edge of the middle console too much. Overall, I like it a lot, and I have had no problems with it mechanically so far.

Design, interior, technology

Comfort and small things like making garage door opener standard in all trims

Pretty but full of problems
By weseaunhappy

2013 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Second XC-60 (should have learned lesson on the first one). Less than 2 months old and been to shop 5 times already. Last car should have been officially labeled lemon. This one, not quite as serious, but nonetheless time consuming for me. No compensation from Volvo for all my time and gas spent going to shop over and over and over. Even complaints to corporate Volvo get nowhere - they just repeat the misinformation the service dept spreads. How many times do you have to take a car in for the same problem? Anyway, I will never buy another Volvo. Too bad, it was pretty and fun to drive. Just wish the problems didn't persist.

Visually pleasing inside and out. Has all features you might want and very reasonably priced for that. Handles well and the T6 has some good get up and go. Mileage is actually quite reasonable for this too.

Quality. I can't stress enough that things just don't work well. Electrical/Computer system issues that they can't seem to fix. Rattles that they can't seem to fix. Very unfortunate.

WOW this is a great car, fast fast fast
By xc60rchicago

2013 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

8 days old today, fast grips like its on rails safe and easy to drive, feels big but its not, our 5 year old daughter loves the car as she can see out the panorama sun roof, auto climate is easy to use, do i have buyers remorse No i would buy again, i traded an 4 year old M3 and this drives better and feels stronger

speed, I click across to the sport mode and the wheels spin for a second and hold on, I love the parking sensors and back up camera the bluetooth hands free mode in the car is clear easy to use, nag is easy to use but we have not used much as we are 8 days in, it has a swagger, kick ass look and it stands out being the R and not the standard version which looked boring and very plain to me.

the suspension is a bit rough on Chicago roads but in the cars defense the roads here in Bucktown Chicago are terrible controls of nav radio phone my car etc could be better but i do like the steering wheel control as it is easy

Great All-Around SUV for the family
By dcraider

2013 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The XC60 was a great compromise for value and features including, of course, safety for my new family. The cargo handling is great as we have a dog, and car really achieves both form and safety pretty seamless and gives us the feeling of both comfort and zippy performance on the highway. This car really kicks and has smooth power throughout all stages of driving (highway, local, cruising, etc.). We looked at most of the other SUV's and chose this one on value (which is hard to say given they all are upwards of +mid-30's when well equipped.

The seats are very comfortable especially the back where my wife with a new baby spends most of her time when I am driving! The latch points are great for the car seat and the center rest in back provides all the room for baby stuff. The auto opening latch is great and the trunk is well thought out for sure for storage configurations.

1. Terrible navigation. But that's a complaint of a lot of SUV navs. I don't understand why they don't just incorporate a built-in Garmin into cars. Entering addresses is a pain and the nav system doesn't route as smart as the Garmin or my Google Maps from the iphone. Although there is a learning function, I don't have time to teach my car the best route when Google Maps gets it right off the bat. But alas Nav came with the package we wanted so its there but not well liked. 2. The center rest in front is not height adujustable like the Audi Q5's ... not a deal killer, just annoying.

Best Luxury SUV For the Money
120,975 of 241,958 people found this review helpful
By rudycassap

2013 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I was hesitant to lease a Volvo XC60 AWD T6 since they are never mentioned in car magazines. All my friends leased Mercedes ML350s for their wives and some complained about the car driving like a Jeep Cherokee with a better interior (I guess it goes back to Daimler owning Chrysler). When I drove the car and got some feedback from the Culver City Volvo, my concerns were gone. The turbos are water-cooled and are just for the lower rpm, not like the high pressure turbos in Audi and VW that make the engine last less than 50k miles and no need to oil cool them by idling the car for 60 seconds before turning it off. The automatic braking feature for emergency is incredible for L.A. traffic. The

Blind Spot Monitors (BLIS), comfort of the seats designed by an orthopedic surgeon, drives like a small car. It is a luxury car without being pretentious like in a ML, Cayenne, or X5.

The radio and navigation could be simpler to operate, but I guess I could learn the voice control.