My 2nd XC 60
By stlhd on
2012 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
Wow! We are impressed... Our first one was a 20091/2 XC 60. After buying it, I was actually complaining about this and that X 15 despite the many safety advantages. This '12 R Design Polestar upgrade has more than just the engine improved. All areas have been reviewed and improved, including the gas mileage, comfort, power (325 HP/354 lbs torque), ride quality, brakes and even air leaks. I could go on but the actual 10K price hike was to us worth every penny.
Favorite Features
Enjoy the new digital 7 in screen and software to accompany it. We chose against the platinum upgrade for over 4 K more due to the GPS and backup camera not being needed. The 20 inch rims and the new low profile tires actually ride much better than the previous stock 17 inchers and they look so refined/sporty/sweet. I have just 157 miles on the vehicle so I am only breaking it in. However, the power of this engine is so very impressive for the cost. The paint is even better out of the factory. Our first car came to us tacky and unrefined. This '12 is the same color (metallic black sapphire) and smooth as glass.
Suggested Improvements
None thus far...I can't believe it. Super job out there in Sweden. Hats off to you and your crew. This thing pulls so hard from a stop and goes 65mph at 1950 RPM on Pirelli 45s. The suspension is incredibly smooth for road and freeway alike.