Used 2012 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Skip the Tech Package
By mms34cougar

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this car! It is fast (even with 87 octane gas), my back has never felt better (the seats are firmer than non R-Design seats), the premium sound is great, and with the Red R-Design we get compliments on the looks at least once a week. The tech package is amazing when it is not broken. We have had it in the shop 4x with a complete replacement & sensors that stop working. Also, if you travel in snowy climates the parking distance, blind spot, collision & adaptive cruise can stop working due to ice build-up on your grill, bumper, and side window cameras. We get combined City (30%) /Hwy (70%) Mileage of 21.7 over the past 6 months.

Looks Great. Fast and Nimble. 87 Octane Gas. Interior Look and Feel. Seats are firm and supportive. R-Design Extras. Safety Features. Premium Sound.

Tech Package has Quality Issues.

I'd love it if my back weren't killing me!
By nelsoncm

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I was opting for something different from the series of wagons I'd been in over the past 12 years. Saab, the maker of my past two wagons, was out of business, so I looked to the other Swede. The looks of the XC60 got me curious and all I had to do was put my foot to the floor on the test drive, and I was hooked on the performance of this car. It's solid feeling, gorgeous inside and out and the warranty was impressive. Plus I got $1000 off for staying with a Swede. But my back and leg are killing me every time I drive it and for a few hours after. Methinks it's going to be a very expensive trade-in for either a Volvo or Audi wagon.

performance, safety features, awesome sound system, nice albeit a little confusing tech interface, fairly roomy for a small family.

This is the R-type, meaning sports suspension and sports seats......over-bolstering on the seat bottom pushes into the back of my thigh, plus the overly firm cushioning on the back and bottom is not pleasant for me. Didn't feel it on my test drives, so who knew? 'm not the only xc60 R owner to have issues with these seats although some say they like them. Do yourself a favor, look at the T6 XC60 (not the R-type). Seats are flatter, interior a little more bland but still nice and it's still very powerful. Also the car sits a little too high and the back seats are a tad shallow to be dog friendly for my 70 lb poodle.

Recently purchased 2012 XC60 R-Design
By laker4life

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I picked my xc60, 05/19/12 and it's one heck of a car. A true beast. Stomp on it and it responds. I had a 10 xc60 with 281hp, it was alright, but this is driving an entirely different vehicle. I absolutely love the way this car rides.

The pop of the motor. My R-Design gets up to 80-90 without a break or hesitation. Makes me look for Q5, Range, Infiniti, Lexus to eat for lunch.

Lower the R-Design, keep it stiff, but bring it down. That's the only knock, appears to ride high.

Awesome
By dr_az

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Just got my T6R in cosmic white metallic, it's beautiful. now my wife wants one in red. I commute almost 1.5 hr a day. The car makes the commute so enjoyable, passing cars with ease all the while sitting in those so comfy seats listening to Pandora from my iPhone streamed through the speakers. Also appreciate the fact that after a long hard day at work going home in this car makes me feel safe with all the wonderful safety features. I also love the fact that the the car is rare, compared to the X3s, Q 5s, GLKs, SRXs and forget about the millions of RX350s. Volvo also has the best warrantee in this class. This is a no brainier, if you can find one..

Everything, the body style, the interior style, the power acceleration, the comfort and safety, the value. I don't need to touch my keys to open the doors or start the car

My 2nd XC 60
By stlhd

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Wow! We are impressed... Our first one was a 20091/2 XC 60. After buying it, I was actually complaining about this and that X 15 despite the many safety advantages. This '12 R Design Polestar upgrade has more than just the engine improved. All areas have been reviewed and improved, including the gas mileage, comfort, power (325 HP/354 lbs torque), ride quality, brakes and even air leaks. I could go on but the actual 10K price hike was to us worth every penny.

Enjoy the new digital 7 in screen and software to accompany it. We chose against the platinum upgrade for over 4 K more due to the GPS and backup camera not being needed. The 20 inch rims and the new low profile tires actually ride much better than the previous stock 17 inchers and they look so refined/sporty/sweet. I have just 157 miles on the vehicle so I am only breaking it in. However, the power of this engine is so very impressive for the cost. The paint is even better out of the factory. Our first car came to us tacky and unrefined. This '12 is the same color (metallic black sapphire) and smooth as glass.

None thus far...I can't believe it. Super job out there in Sweden. Hats off to you and your crew. This thing pulls so hard from a stop and goes 65mph at 1950 RPM on Pirelli 45s. The suspension is incredibly smooth for road and freeway alike.