2012 Volvo XC60 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:
Skip the Tech Package
By mms34cougar on 02/15/13 11:59 AM (PST)

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this car! It is fast (even with 87 octane gas), my back has never felt better (the seats are firmer than non R-Design seats), the premium sound is great, and with the Red R-Design we get compliments on the looks at least once a week. The tech package is amazing when it is not broken. We have had it in the shop 4x with a complete replacement & sensors that stop working. Also, if you travel in snowy climates the parking distance, blind spot, collision & adaptive cruise can stop working due to ice build-up on your grill, bumper, and side window cameras. We get combined City (30%) /Hwy (70%) Mileage of 21.7 over the past 6 months.

I'd love it if my back weren't killing me!
By nelsoncm on 12/27/12 17:11 PM (PST)

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I was opting for something different from the series of wagons I'd been in over the past 12 years. Saab, the maker of my past two wagons, was out of business, so I looked to the other Swede. The looks of the XC60 got me curious and all I had to do was put my foot to the floor on the test drive, and I was hooked on the performance of this car. It's solid feeling, gorgeous inside and out and the warranty was impressive. Plus I got $1000 off for staying with a Swede. But my back and leg are killing me every time I drive it and for a few hours after. Methinks it's going to be a very expensive trade-in for either a Volvo or Audi wagon.

Recently purchased 2012 XC60 R-Design
By laker4life on 05/22/12 19:32 PM (PDT)

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I picked my xc60, 05/19/12 and it's one heck of a car. A true beast. Stomp on it and it responds. I had a 10 xc60 with 281hp, it was alright, but this is driving an entirely different vehicle. I absolutely love the way this car rides.

Awesome
By dr_az on 01/31/12 19:17 PM (PST)

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Just got my T6R in cosmic white metallic, it's beautiful. now my wife wants one in red. I commute almost 1.5 hr a day. The car makes the commute so enjoyable, passing cars with ease all the while sitting in those so comfy seats listening to Pandora from my iPhone streamed through the speakers. Also appreciate the fact that after a long hard day at work going home in this car makes me feel safe with all the wonderful safety features. I also love the fact that the the car is rare, compared to the X3s, Q 5s, GLKs, SRXs and forget about the millions of RX350s. Volvo also has the best warrantee in this class. This is a no brainier, if you can find one..

My 2nd XC 60
By stlhd on 12/09/11 22:15 PM (PST)

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Wow! We are impressed... Our first one was a 20091/2 XC 60. After buying it, I was actually complaining about this and that X 15 despite the many safety advantages. This '12 R Design Polestar upgrade has more than just the engine improved. All areas have been reviewed and improved, including the gas mileage, comfort, power (325 HP/354 lbs torque), ride quality, brakes and even air leaks. I could go on but the actual 10K price hike was to us worth every penny.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Volvo XC60 Suv in VA is:

$136 per month*