Used 2012 Volvo XC60 3.2 SUV Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Great SUV
By Andy

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great purchase I made. The only thing I dont care for is the MPG but knew about it going into it so no big deal.

Very Impressed
By OutdoorzDude

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Owned two BMWs before this, our first Volvo and will not be going back. Quality of materials and reliability much better. Cost of ownership for 4.5 years and 75,0000 miles has been terrific. Now nothing drives like a BMW but I am not missing the expensive maintenance and breakdowns that go with it. Safety is second to none and plenty of room for my tall family of four. Looking forward to the XC60 upgrade hopefully next year for our next one.

Best Volvo Yet
By jerry philipp

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Probably owned over 8 Volvos since 1982. This by far is the best one. Great warranty service when I needed their help. AAA rating for Hudson Valley Volvo. Will see them when I return from Fl to see if I can sell this one to them and then lease a 2016 Volvo same model.

Attractive and fun to drive
By heathholley

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Going from a hybrid sedan to a crossover was an interesting change but I've grown to enjoy my XC60. The vehicle feels very solid, safe, and with a stance like a tiger, grips the road with amazing tenacity!

The Tech, Navi, BLIS, and Climate packages are amazing! I will never own another car without adaptive cruise control; I've fallen in love with it. I had a few usability issues with Sensus but after a recent software update, everything was quickly fixed by the dealer. I've learned that software updates are quick and effective.

The ride is a little stiff, in my opinion. This is my first crossover/SUV so maybe it's typical.

Great SUV Crossover
By new15

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the Volvo XC 60 in May of 2011 for my wife. She has been the primary driver of the car and has put over 23,000 miles on the car in nearly one year. We have been very pleased and could not be happier with our purchase decision. The car rides great and the front seats are exceptional for overall comfort. The car is equipped with the 3.2 engine with AWD.

The gas mileage has been very respectable with 20 city MPG and 25+mpg on the hwy. We looked hard at the BMW X3, Lexus RX 350 and the new Jeep Grand Cherokee. Hands down this was the best choice of the three we looked at for value, styling, and comfort. The local dealer has been great to work with in performing all of the required services and I actually trust them with my wife taking the car for them.

I ordered the car with only the performance package and AWD. I could not justify the extra options in my mind.