Used 2012 Volvo XC60 SUV Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Great SUV
By Andy

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great purchase I made. The only thing I dont care for is the MPG but knew about it going into it so no big deal.

Very Impressed
By OutdoorzDude

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Owned two BMWs before this, our first Volvo and will not be going back. Quality of materials and reliability much better. Cost of ownership for 4.5 years and 75,0000 miles has been terrific. Now nothing drives like a BMW but I am not missing the expensive maintenance and breakdowns that go with it. Safety is second to none and plenty of room for my tall family of four. Looking forward to the XC60 upgrade hopefully next year for our next one.

Best Volvo Yet
By jerry philipp

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Probably owned over 8 Volvos since 1982. This by far is the best one. Great warranty service when I needed their help. AAA rating for Hudson Valley Volvo. Will see them when I return from Fl to see if I can sell this one to them and then lease a 2016 Volvo same model.

Disappointed
By Amber Moceri

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I loved my XC60 when I purchased it new in 2012. I've put 40k miles on it since then, and it is at the dealer for warranty work for the 4th time. It has currently been there for 5 weeks with no diagnosis, but I received word they would be rebuilding the entire engine currently. It would keep warning the engine oil was low, however when checked the levels were fine. I expected this vehicle to last me another 10 years, but at this rate, I can't risk the warranty running out. It drives great and is comfortable for what I need, but the reliability is questionable.

Skip the Tech Package
By mms34cougar

2012 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this car!
It is fast (even with 87 octane gas), my back has never felt better (the seats are firmer than non R-Design seats), the premium sound is great, and with the Red R-Design we get compliments on the looks at least once a week.
The tech package is amazing when it is not broken.
We have had it in the shop 4x with a complete replacement & sensors that stop working.
Also, if you travel in snowy climates the parking distance, blind spot, collision & adaptive cruise can stop working due to ice build-up on your grill, bumper, and side window cameras.
We get combined City (30%) /Hwy (70%) Mileage of 21.7 over the past 6 months.

Looks Great. Fast and Nimble. 87 Octane Gas. Interior Look and Feel. Seats are firm and supportive. R-Design Extras. Safety Features. Premium Sound.

Tech Package has Quality Issues.