Used 2012 Volvo XC60 3.2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Attractive and fun to drive
By heathholley

2012 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Going from a hybrid sedan to a crossover was an interesting change but I've grown to enjoy my XC60. The vehicle feels very solid, safe, and with a stance like a tiger, grips the road with amazing tenacity!

The Tech, Navi, BLIS, and Climate packages are amazing! I will never own another car without adaptive cruise control; I've fallen in love with it. I had a few usability issues with Sensus but after a recent software update, everything was quickly fixed by the dealer. I've learned that software updates are quick and effective.

The ride is a little stiff, in my opinion. This is my first crossover/SUV so maybe it's typical.

Great SUV Crossover
By new15

2012 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the Volvo XC 60 in May of 2011 for my wife. She has been the primary driver of the car and has put over 23,000 miles on the car in nearly one year. We have been very pleased and could not be happier with our purchase decision. The car rides great and the front seats are exceptional for overall comfort. The car is equipped with the 3.2 engine with AWD.

The gas mileage has been very respectable with 20 city MPG and 25+mpg on the hwy. We looked hard at the BMW X3, Lexus RX 350 and the new Jeep Grand Cherokee. Hands down this was the best choice of the three we looked at for value, styling, and comfort. The local dealer has been great to work with in performing all of the required services and I actually trust them with my wife taking the car for them.

I ordered the car with only the performance package and AWD. I could not justify the extra options in my mind.

better options are out there!
By fshfsh120

2012 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a brand new XC60 3.2 8 months ago. Itís a nice car but absolutely doesnít worth the premium you pay. The worst part of my experience with Volvo was the dealership. I complained about the dealership but the head office did nothing. Itís my third car after a Toyota Venza, Mercedes C300. Worst experience with the dealership!! Safety? Itís not a big deal these days. Not much difference between different models and brands. If you do not believe me, just get a few insurance quotes or crash test results! Last but not the least: terrible fuel economy!

Front and rear seats are really comfortable! The technology system is intuitive and easy to run. Also, the car damps the road noise quite nicely!

Dealing with Volvo dealership is going to be one of your worst experiences. Iíve read about this before, but didnít notice before engaging in a serious deal. Fuel economy is terrible, especially in the city driving. Last, poky acceleration on 3.2 model. All in all, there are tones of better options out there. Think twice before paying the premium.

Great Experience so far.
By outdoorzdude

2012 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Only have 4000 miles so far but we love the car. After intially taking delivery in Sweden via the Volvo Overseas Delivery Program and visiting Europe for two weeks, we couldn't wait to get the car back and get rid of the BMW. Very luxurious and features on par w/ other luxury brands we shopped. Lots of room for the kids and has that great european feel. Averaging about 25 MPG as advertisied, doing mostly highway driving.

Great value, fuel efficiency, awesome overseas delivery program. Exceptional warranty.

None yet.