2012 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:
Skip the Tech Package
By mms34cougar on 02/15/13 11:59 AM (PST)

2012 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this car! It is fast (even with 87 octane gas), my back has never felt better (the seats are firmer than non R-Design seats), the premium sound is great, and with the Red R-Design we get compliments on the looks at least once a week. The tech package is amazing when it is not broken. We have had it in the shop 4x with a complete replacement & sensors that stop working. Also, if you travel in snowy climates the parking distance, blind spot, collision & adaptive cruise can stop working due to ice build-up on your grill, bumper, and side window cameras. We get combined City (30%) /Hwy (70%) Mileage of 21.7 over the past 6 months.

I'd love it if my back weren't killing me!
By nelsoncm on 12/27/12 17:11 PM (PST)

2012 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I was opting for something different from the series of wagons I'd been in over the past 12 years. Saab, the maker of my past two wagons, was out of business, so I looked to the other Swede. The looks of the XC60 got me curious and all I had to do was put my foot to the floor on the test drive, and I was hooked on the performance of this car. It's solid feeling, gorgeous inside and out and the warranty was impressive. Plus I got $1000 off for staying with a Swede. But my back and leg are killing me every time I drive it and for a few hours after. Methinks it's going to be a very expensive trade-in for either a Volvo or Audi wagon.

Myriad electronic problems
By rglambsb on 10/19/12 17:43 PM (PDT)

2012 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

we've had numerous intermittent problems with electronic systems in our 2012 XC60 T. It s now with the dealer for the third time, with no fix in sight. Here' a partial list: BLIS system gives false readings most of the time. Problem duplicated by dealers. Nav system reruns message "system not available" . Blue tooth stopped working entirely gate opener either doesn't work or works only within a few feet of the receiver. Key opener either doesn't work at all or requires repeated pushing from about 8 feet. With car runnung, rear seat passenger gets out, and car flashes "key not found". if you put the key in the slot, the engine stops running, which is dangerous. Back up video stays...

Attractive and fun to drive
By heathholley on 07/06/12 08:51 AM (PDT)

2012 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Going from a hybrid sedan to a crossover was an interesting change but I've grown to enjoy my XC60. The vehicle feels very solid, safe, and with a stance like a tiger, grips the road with amazing tenacity!

You can't go wrong with the Volvo XC60 T6
By atlas4 on 07/02/12 17:05 PM (PDT)

2012 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The Volvo XC60 T6 in my opinion is the best small luxury class SUV. I know most car reviewers put the Audi Q5 over the XC60 but having owned a 2011 Q5 I can tell you they are wrong. The XC60 has plenty of cargo space, the seats are the most comfortable I have been in. Performance for the T6 model is top notch. I have been averaging 25 miles a gallon to and from work (combined) and 28 on the highway (and I am not holding back).

An Excellent Vehicle
By beagleguy on 06/01/12 12:29 PM (PDT)

2012 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This vehicle was delivered just over two months ago. I am very satisfied with it to date. Before purchasing it I considered the Acura RDX, Audi Q 5, BMW X3, and Mercedes GLK. I decided on the XC60 as having the best combination of style, features and performance. As I live in an area where winters can be severe AWD was a given. That being the case, when similarly equipped, the price difference and fuel consumption between the 3.2 and the T6 are not that great. Given other comments I've seen this was a wise choice. I would not hesitate to recommend to XC 60 for anyone in the market for this class of vehicle.

Recently purchased 2012 XC60 R-Design
By laker4life on 05/22/12 19:32 PM (PDT)

2012 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I picked my xc60, 05/19/12 and it's one heck of a car. A true beast. Stomp on it and it responds. I had a 10 xc60 with 281hp, it was alright, but this is driving an entirely different vehicle. I absolutely love the way this car rides.

Great SUV Crossover
By new15 on 05/10/12 08:51 AM (PDT)

2012 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the Volvo XC 60 in May of 2011 for my wife. She has been the primary driver of the car and has put over 23,000 miles on the car in nearly one year. We have been very pleased and could not be happier with our purchase decision. The car rides great and the front seats are exceptional for overall comfort. The car is equipped with the 3.2 engine with AWD.

better options are out there!
By fshfsh120 on 04/17/12 11:33 AM (PDT)

2012 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a brand new XC60 3.2 8 months ago. It’s a nice car but absolutely doesn’t worth the premium you pay. The worst part of my experience with Volvo was the dealership. I complained about the dealership but the head office did nothing. It’s my third car after a Toyota Venza, Mercedes C300. Worst experience with the dealership!! Safety? It’s not a big deal these days. Not much difference between different models and brands. If you do not believe me, just get a few insurance quotes or crash test results! Last but not the least: terrible fuel economy!

Nice car but missing a few options
By tpeters2 on 02/23/12 19:09 PM (PST)

2012 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We have only had the car for 2 weeks and it has just over 1000 miles. We love the the car the size is great for our family. It is great in the snow and ice. The snowy weather driving performance good. Love the build quality and way it drives.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Volvo XC60 in NJ is:

$200 per month*