2011 Volvo XC60 Consumer Review: Volvo got it right!

2011 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Review

3.2 R-Design 4dr SUV (3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Volvo got it right!
By george167 on

2011 Volvo XC60 3.2 R-Design 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My 4th volvo. This is the best yet. The R-design interior/exterior trim accentuate the beauty of this vehicle. The 20" wheels are a surprise in handling and comfort. City safety, climate, nav, media, tech, and bliss packages w/satelite radio and remote keyless entry... all contribute to an excellent driving experience. 6 mos. /10,000+ miles to date and expect over 200k like my others. Volvo has come of age with this model. Solid, beautiful (R-design a must) and full of amenities. I can go on and on. Perfect SoCal freeway vehicle (with surf racks for the beach), especialy with adaptive cruise control, blind spot info system and collision warning. Only superlatives.

The rear camera with tire direction tracking is great in tight parking lots. The front and rear distance warning allow for manuevering in tight spaces. The adaptive cruise control is a must in SoCal freeways and Blind Spot Info system has grown on me as has the collision warning system. R-design black over cream leather seats are exquisite. The voice activated or manual navigation controls on steering wheel are superb - especially the toggle wheel. R-design suspension on a 3.2 fwd platform w/ 20" wheels makes for great road handling and the base 6 cyl. has just enough umph for quick accelleration entering the freeway or passing.

I'm a little heavy footed on the accellerator and I drive 70 mph plus on the freeway so I can't complain to much about my average mpg of 17-19 but I wish it was closer to 21mpg. The side and rear window tint could be two shades lighter (they are basically blacked out at night). Rear camera a must for night backing up.