Go for a long test drive
By missi4 on
2011 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)
After a week of driving the XC60, I noticed a problem with the transmission, a hesitation when accelerating from a complete stop/speeding up to pass etc. Like driving manual transmission in the wrong gear. Took it for service repetedly. Volvo wouldn't admit a problem and told me to use premium fuel. One mechanic said it's a 5000lb car you have to gun it (!!). Finally they said they knew what was wrong and to wait for a software update, that took 6 months. It helped but the problem was still there. Volvo went back to saying there was nothing wrong with the car. After a year, I had had it and asked how much they would give me for the car to end this, Carmax gave me more. The GPS stinks too.
Favorite Features
It is a beautiful car, very luxurious. Maybe even more so than the BMW I owned previously. It's a good care for short people too.
Suggested Improvements
Transmission problems! GPS was worse than the car I had owned before it and that one was seven years old. Also, they put the controls for it on the back of the steering wheel and they give you a remote for it because they know that the controls are so ridiculous! I now owned seven cars in my life, Japanese, German and American and this is the only one I have had any problem with at all. I didn't have the time or energy to persue the lemon law otherwise I would have.